The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

~Academy Community Thread~

Go down 
+6
IAmHeavenSent
Hollow_Viscus
Loxx O)))
Green_shoes
X-pert74
roughdraft_zero
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 9:31 pm

I'm on the opposite. The effects look good to me and the movie looks good. I might see it in IMAX 3D depending on what my friend does.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 10:20 pm

i'll let you know if i like it, not that that will be much of an indication for you... but yeah.

i'm mostly not looking forward to the fact that it's 2 hours and 40 minutes. i haven't sat through a movie that long in a while!
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 2:27 am

I think There Will be Blood was the last longest movie I saw. Thinking
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 2:33 am

it was a really good movie, but it was really long. we didn't get there early enough for good seats, so we were near the front. my butt fell asleep about 2 hours in, but it was a great story and was filmed wonderfully.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 4:06 am

Yes, for the parts that were filmed. Tongue

Please talk about your butt some more. Love
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 4:22 am

hmmmm it's not asleep anymore! hahah
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 7:25 pm

Club Trash was pretty damn sweet. Met a shit load of crazy arse people including some alright looking chicks. Got one of their numbers and the other wrote her name on my arm to make sure that I would add her on facebook the next day. Met the singer of a local band who hung out with the members of Bring Me The Horizon during their last tour down here. His own band sounds alright.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 7:27 pm

sounds like a fun night!
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 7:37 pm

Yeah for alright looking chicks!
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 7:41 pm

Sadly I wasn't the lucky one who got to go home with some of the ones at the club. One of the guys I was with didn't want to ditch us for sex but we told him to go for it and we'll catch up later. Lucky pretty boy bastard.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 11:12 pm

Jesus... I really hate those gung-ho christians that don't actually know shit about their religion.

The state of religion in this world is really sad. Sad Why are the knowledgeable and true followers so few and far between?
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 11:17 pm

that's just the way it is. church has become a social event.

i don't claim to know much about my religion--which is quite sad--but at least i'm honest.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 11:27 pm

Indeed. And then she went on to say that things I said were coming from the point of a non believer so that made it untrue and sad. To which I said I've talked to believers who believe in all the things I'd been saying but still have faith. Which is what makes them so faithful. Bah. But really, what set things on the wrong course was when I said Islam was a pretty cool religion. Then she had one of those ignorant patriotic bitch fits where all Muslims are terrorists but completely ignoring the point I made about how Christianity has a terrible track record. Actually, no... her come back was... wait for it... Joan of Arc. Plain Saying that believers had it tough to. Seriously? Seriously?

I think our conversations always go well, Shea.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 11:29 pm

Well shoot. The party thing that I thought was goin down tonight is likely not goin down. Or, if it still is, it is a much smaller scale and my "in" is all but gone. I have an urge to get drunk tonight, but I still avoid doing so without optimal conditions, and those conditions do not appear to be assembling at this moment.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 11:38 pm

Why is it so terrible to have a few drinks by yourself?
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:05 am

i don't ever having fun drinking alone.

when we talk about religion, you make me feel like a completely idiot.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:06 am

Pfft... how do I do that?
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:07 am

haha because you know more about and make better points about my religion than i do. =P
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:13 am

I'm not saying it's terrible, but I myself don't like it for more than one reason. I guess I could give you the skinny if you want.

Both my biological grandmothers died of depression and alcohol-related liver/immune system disorders well before I was born, when my mother and father were 12 and 22, respectively. My parents both are really bad alcoholics themselves. 15 years ago my dad got five DUIs within a year, spent time in jail, lost his job and we eventually lost the house. He went to rehab once, got sober and got back on track to also 'find god' years later, as well. After he got better, we slowly started moving up financially, all the while my mother began developing her depression and alcoholism. Flash forward to about seven years ago, and my mother is getting drunk and dysfunctional every night after dinner. About three years ago, she's a complete full blown alcoholic, incapable of doing anything. She loses her job and her mind, in time with and in part due to my dad quitting his successful job to start his own business that would fail and put us in financial ruin within the short timespan of six months. Bear in mind, there are a lot of details that I am leaving out, many of which are because I was away at school and didn't know what was going on, and they're both pathological liars, so I can rarely trust what either of them ever say. My mother is now currently away at her fifth attempt at a rehab clinic in Maine.

Keep in mind, I'm not particularly one to follow in my parents' footsteps, nor do I necessarily believe in alcoholism as being genetic nor a disease. But, seeing these things, among other things, I've come to realize I'm nothing like my parents, and it's helped to illuminate to me things that I truly enjoy as well as value. I still like alcohol, but I only really like it to get drunk. I like it to taste good, but I don't drink just for the taste, nor just to "relax." I like to drink to get drunk (though, there are obviously different levels of drunk). It's for enhancing good times, not for shrouding or escaping bad ones. So besides not wanting to drink in front of my 15-year sober, born again father, it wouldn't be any sort of enjoyment for me to just watch tv by myself and get drunk.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:36 am

So, that's some shitty stuff. My father did some stupid things as an alcoholic and also supposedly found god and got better. Nothing like your family or experiences, though. I didn't really intend for it to be like that. I just can have fun drinking by myself or with other people. Like you said, it enhances good times. There have been plenty of times where I'll get drunk and just watch Shaun of the Dead or play Mario or Metroid. I always have a good time with it. It's just some people simply refuse to drink by themselves because they think it says bad things about them but I just don't get it.

That's not to say I'm always healthy about it. There have also been plenty of times where I've gotten drunk or done some drugs to feel better because of bad situations I was in. And it was an escape. Actually, that's why I started doing those things. My friends were into it for the fun of it and they'd always offer me stuff but I'd decline. Then one day I'd had it with the way I was feeling and decided to see if it would make me feel better. And it did.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:49 am

i drink alone, and i have a few friends who seem to think that's the first step towards becoming an alcoholic. i just never drink enough to get drunk when i'm alone. i always get sleepy or bored before that. so i just stop and do something else or go to bed.

my father is nearly an alcoholic, so i think that's one reason i'm usually so restrained when i drink. he's supposedly always had God, but i've never seen too much evidence. try not to judge though!

i've actually been drunk one time now. hahaha but not like a sloppy drunk. i remember everything. i was just really happy and numb.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 3:11 am

and now i'm drinking vodka, hoping to get tired.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 3:46 am

I went out tonight. My whole intention of leaving was to get beer. I went to Wal-Mart to see if there were any decent dvds. Considering getting The Uninvited and the Underworld trilogy but did not because I don't have a lot of interest in either. Picked up two Alice In Chains cds but also did not buy them for lack of interest. Went to a gas station on the way back to my house... had no desire to buy beer. Instead I bought two bottles of Mountain Dew and a V8 Splash.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 6:55 am

So I played some Apples to Apples tonight and then some landmines, and Laura came back from South America / Argentina / below the equator and confirmed we're officially friends now. Yay!
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 4:00 pm

Brittany Murphy died. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

~Academy Community Thread~
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next