The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Laundry and how much it sucks for you

Go down 
+8
jeffnogo
IAmHeavenSent
Cghost21
seepia.
Loxx O)))
Hollow_Viscus
Ancient Rune
roughdraft_zero
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

Laundry and how much it sucks for you Empty
PostSubject: Laundry and how much it sucks for you   Laundry and how much it sucks for you I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:01 pm

I was privileged enough to have an in-house washer and dryer at my last place, but now I'm back to the apartment complex laundromat. There are nine washers and ten dryers, and if you think you'll have a chance to do a load on a Sunday morning or afternoon you're crazy, cuz that's when everybody comes in to do a load. And picking a good time any other day is never a guarantee either, cuz there could be a Mexican (they're the only ones I've ever seen do it) in there running six of the washers at once, just completely bogarting the entire facility. So there are times where I outright skip doing laundry because I can't get a machine and have to wait around, sometimes altogether missing my chance and instead having to just go to work (and usually it's my dirty, dried-sweat work clothes I'm trying to wash).

And these machines are card-operated. This is the first time I've used the kind that are card-operated instead of coin-operated though, and it SUCKS. It's $1.50 each for the washer and dryer, so each load of laundry costs three bucks. That's such a load. The last time I had to use a coin-op, they were between 75 cents and a dollar each, never more than two dollars for a whole load. And these dryers suck especially. You get I think it's thirty minutes of drying time for the $1.50, but any load that's bigger than I'd call "medium" almost never dries completely. Sometimes you think you play it safe and do smaller loads (which in turn is another way to make you pay more for laundry), but depending on the materials being dried, or just getting a machine on a shitty day or something, things still come out damp. It wouldn't be a big deal if they were coin operated and you could just put in another quarter for an extra five minutes, but not so with these machines. You pay for a whole drying cycle or nothing with these bitches. And loading your card can only be done in ten-dollar increments, which means that when you're near the end of your card, you'll almost always have money leftover that's insufficient to start a load. And they make you fucking pay for the card in the first place. Four dollars just to get the thing, then you have to load it with money. And there's been times where I've run out of funds on the card and have to reload it, sometimes inbetween a wash and dry cycle, and the machine isn't working. So my recently washed, and still soaking clothes remain wet and begin to foul over cuz you can't dry them, and get this, it's a violation of the management property to line dry any laundry.

So yeah. The inconvenience of a laundromat is compounded by it's poor design. And I live in the god damn suburbs, so other laundromats are scarce, and actually having to drive to do laundry would just be a whole 'nother level of inconvenience.

So this thread's for anybody in any laundry situation that sucks. Including Respawned who wants to whine about how long his mommy takes to fold his clothes and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Laundry and how much it sucks for you   Laundry and how much it sucks for you I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:11 pm

Lol my mom does my laundry
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Laundry and how much it sucks for you   Laundry and how much it sucks for you I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:26 pm

does she follow [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for you?
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Laundry and how much it sucks for you   Laundry and how much it sucks for you I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 9:29 pm

I do my laundry at my dad's house.

I have a laundromat here too but I don't use it. I used to but not anymore.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Laundry and how much it sucks for you   Laundry and how much it sucks for you I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:06 pm

Cuz it sucks? TELL ME WHY
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Laundry and how much it sucks for you   Laundry and how much it sucks for you I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:08 pm

Nom nom.

I live at home. Woo... free (to me) laundry.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Ancient Rune

Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: Laundry and how much it sucks for you   Laundry and how much it sucks for you I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:23 pm

roughdraft_zero wrote:
does she follow [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for you?

no because he is an idiot, he called God Forbid thrash
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Laundry and how much it sucks for you   Laundry and how much it sucks for you I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:25 pm

THRASH
Back to top Go down
seepia.

seepia.

PostSubject: Re: Laundry and how much it sucks for you   Laundry and how much it sucks for you I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 11:13 pm

I do laundry at my house, so my laundry life is relatively swell.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Laundry and how much it sucks for you   Laundry and how much it sucks for you I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:39 am

seepia. wrote:
I do laundry at my house, so my laundry life is relatively swell.
Yeah, in my last living arrangement (condo), I had the washer/dryer in-house too and it was way better than this. It still was far from ideal cuz the roommate at the time was a bit of a neat freak. So not only did it kind of suck the way she'd freak on me for not doing dishes within twenty minutes of dirtying them, it extended to her being borderline-obsessed about laundry. She probably averaged one load per day, no joke. Sunday was always a day off for her, and one which she called her "cleaning" day, which included usually three or four loads of laundry. She absolutely washed everything she wore after wearing it; not just the obvious basics like undies, but even stuff like jackets and jeans. Jeans need to be washed once a year, even if you're waist deep in mud in them everyday. It's just the universal, common knowledge rule about jeans that she chose to ignore.

And she goes nuts for all the new-age laundry technology, as well. I use one all-use detergent. She uses five different kinds. A multitude of pre-treating devices and sprays, including even that stain-erasing "pen" among other things. I've never used fabric softener in my life. She uses the liquid for washing and also the sheets for drying. She even uses this washer-washing detergent tab that's supposed to clean the washer itself. She's a weirdo.

What I'm saying is, is that yes it was nice to have the washer and dryer in-house but it was often in use for extended periods of time and still far from ideal.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Laundry and how much it sucks for you   Laundry and how much it sucks for you I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 1:40 am

roughdraft_zero wrote:
Cuz it sucks? TELL ME WHY

It's an alright place. I just don't feel like getting change and all that jazz. The dryers there are probably better than my dad's dryer. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Laundry and how much it sucks for you   Laundry and how much it sucks for you I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 1:45 am

I do my laundry at home.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy

PostSubject: Re: Laundry and how much it sucks for you   Laundry and how much it sucks for you I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 3:25 am

my roommate does my laundry every sunday. take that, bitches.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: Laundry and how much it sucks for you   Laundry and how much it sucks for you I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 4:24 am

I'm at an apartment complex. I've been doing my own laundry at some random apartment or dormatory laundromat for years. Thankfully, I've never had as much hassle with all of the washers/dryers being used, but it was an issue at the dorms every once in a while. It kind of sucks.

Or if you are 5 minutes late coming back to pick up your clothes and someone wouldn't wait and threw it all on the counter to take your washer or dryer. Does anyone have a policy on this? I usually give them at least 30 minutes to get their shit before I take their shit out.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Laundry and how much it sucks for you   Laundry and how much it sucks for you I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 10:45 am

That's never happened to me, and I'm sure people have been killed for doing that, so I never would do it to anybody else.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Laundry and how much it sucks for you   Laundry and how much it sucks for you I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:40 pm

After having had my own washer for the last three years I was appalled at the concept of having to use the apartment-complex washers, but I've been pleasantly surprised. Three washers + two dryers + one drying room means that everything is pretty speedy. We're usually done with everything in less than two hours and then it's just drying. Which does suck because the drying room is so goddamn lousy.

But compared to having one in-house it's pretty decent. We'd have an insane electrical bill otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Laundry and how much it sucks for you   Laundry and how much it sucks for you I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 1:52 pm

They did stuff like that in my dorm, the whole taking people's stuff out and putting it on a counter. I never did it to anyone's stuff. I always made sure I was back on time or I was in there studying or writing papers.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Laundry and how much it sucks for you   Laundry and how much it sucks for you I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 4:58 pm

Yeah, that's a pretty douchey way to handle a situation like that. On the other hand, if you gotta use the dryer and their stuff is still there, what else are you gonna do? Apart from giving them some leeway time-wise.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: Laundry and how much it sucks for you   Laundry and how much it sucks for you I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:32 pm

I do laundry in my dorm at like ten o'clock at night in the middle of the week when no one else is doing it. Next year I might live in my frat house though and if I do, laundry is gonna suck balls.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Laundry and how much it sucks for you   Laundry and how much it sucks for you I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:32 pm

Frats are fucking gay. Unless you're in the music frat.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: Laundry and how much it sucks for you   Laundry and how much it sucks for you I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:34 pm

Jewish frat. It's fun and the guys are really cool, but they smoke too much.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Laundry and how much it sucks for you   Laundry and how much it sucks for you I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:41 pm

Jewish frat? Seems like something Hitler Jr. needs to be aware of.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: Laundry and how much it sucks for you   Laundry and how much it sucks for you I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:51 pm

Yeah, where is Nazitime anyway? I kind of miss his poor attempts to troll me, while at the same time saying he's going to hunt me down and beat me up or something.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Laundry and how much it sucks for you   Laundry and how much it sucks for you I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:55 pm

I dunno. I like the guy, though. Sucks he hasn't been around.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: Laundry and how much it sucks for you   Laundry and how much it sucks for you I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:57 pm

One day someone is gonna show up at your house, punch you in the face, yell "Nazzitime, bitch!" and run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Laundry and how much it sucks for you   Laundry and how much it sucks for you I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Laundry and how much it sucks for you
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next