The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

~Academy Community Thread~

Go down 
+17
RespawnedDemon
IAmHeavenSent
After_The_Barrel_Roll
Abnormal Freak
Clinton70
Iangorge
Ancient Rune
GROCERIES
Loxx O)))
tuggernuts
jeffnogo
Electroretard
Green_shoes
Hollow_Viscus
roughdraft_zero
Cghost21
jthefrank
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 12:25 pm

IAmHeavenSent wrote:
i'm not the type of person who can sell myself (haha).

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Ummm...try explaining everything you just did, like, in exactly the same way you just did, what with the ABCs and straightforward and concise all. Then add number E (durr) which is "the value of my education isn't worth compromising by adding the extra stress and time of looking for that better job, let alone actually working it."

or yeah, strip club.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 3:55 pm

check out my sikk call of duty montage
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 4:14 pm

IAmHeavenSent wrote:
i hate money. my father is determined that i not take out a loan to help me with living expenses and such while i'm in grad school. he wants me to get a different/better job. a) my degree does not make me qualified to do much more than my high school degree did. b) my job is about to raise me to $10/hour. c) i'll be a full-time student and most GOOD jobs don't want PART-time. d) i really like my job. =(

sooo i'm trying to find out if i can take out a loan without his knowing. then, if he does find out, all i can say is, "well, i've already done it."

he and my step-mom think i should tutor privately and charge AT LEAST $25/hour. that sounds really great and all, but i'm not the type of person who can sell myself (haha). i can tell the local schools my information, but i just don't see myself being able to strum up much business.

you guys are all smart (okay, not all of you). opinions, please? other than, "tell your dad to suck it and do what you want to do." if I could do that, my life would be VERY different.
Who's the bold part referring to? Hmm?
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 4:43 pm

IAmHeavenSent wrote:
i hate money. my father is determined that i not take out a loan to help me with living expenses and such while i'm in grad school. he wants me to get a different/better job. a) my degree does not make me qualified to do much more than my high school degree did. b) my job is about to raise me to $10/hour. c) i'll be a full-time student and most GOOD jobs don't want PART-time. d) i really like my job. =(

sooo i'm trying to find out if i can take out a loan without his knowing. then, if he does find out, all i can say is, "well, i've already done it."

he and my step-mom think i should tutor privately and charge AT LEAST $25/hour. that sounds really great and all, but i'm not the type of person who can sell myself (haha). i can tell the local schools my information, but i just don't see myself being able to strum up much business.

you guys are all smart (okay, not all of you). opinions, please? other than, "tell your dad to suck it and do what you want to do." if I could do that, my life would be VERY different.

Hmm, you're 22. Don't think your dad should be calling the shots in your life anymore
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 6:25 pm

IAmHeavenSent wrote:

I'd suggest maybe look into getting a TA job. THey usually pay pretty well for grad students, and you don't really have to do...anything lol (well I didn't anyway) so it was never ineterfering with my schooling or other job.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 6:52 pm

Go work a corner and sell some product.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 8:14 pm

Just sign up for one of the tutor websites. Just put up a simple profile and people find you. My friend did it and she gets tutoring requests all of the time, and she charges a lot more than 25 dollars/hour.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 8:30 pm

tutoring is such a scam. I could charge like 50 bucks an hour when I do it but I usually just charge like 20 bucks a session or something. You're supposed to be helping people, not raping their wallets. Not to mention, most tutors don't even know the subject material as well as the money they charge would assume/
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 8:34 pm

The thing is tutors are smart and the people who need tutors are dumb. They are too dumb to know they are getting ripped off.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 8:37 pm

I know, it's still a scam and people that do it are douchebags.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 8:50 pm

I agree that, as a 22-year-old, I should be able to have some balls and stand up to Tommy... but I turn into an 8-year-old around him.

Growing balls seems like my only option.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 8:57 pm

you should burn down his house and collect on the insurance
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:05 pm

at this point, i'm probably not even his beneficiary--and it's my step-mother's house.

Oh, and about an assistanceship/TA job. I applied and didn't get one this semester. It's not too likely that I'll get one next semester, but second years pretty much always get one, so I should be good next year, at least.

I'm always scared those tutor websites aren't legit. but that DOES sound like a better option than going to the schools and posting advertisements and shit.

i guess i'm just comfortable in my job and that is one of the main reasons i want to stick with it. it's a good job--especially while education is my main focus.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:25 pm

ah, sucks about the TA thing.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:28 pm

After_The_Barrel_Roll wrote:

is this like, supposed to be funny or something?
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:50 pm

IAmHeavenSent wrote:
at this point, i'm probably not even his beneficiary--and it's my step-mother's house.

Oh, and about an assistanceship/TA job. I applied and didn't get one this semester. It's not too likely that I'll get one next semester, but second years pretty much always get one, so I should be good next year, at least.

I'm always scared those tutor websites aren't legit. but that DOES sound like a better option than going to the schools and posting advertisements and shit.

i guess i'm just comfortable in my job and that is one of the main reasons i want to stick with it. it's a good job--especially while education is my main focus.

Well, if you're really that hard up for money, most tutors don't just do tutoring. Keep your current job, get a couple students, and meet with each of them for an hour a week. It's not easy to make a living purely off of tutoring, but getting that extra 100 to maybe even 200 dollars a week I'm sure could be worth it. Also, since they're the ones coming to you for help, you get to call the shots on the schedule and when you can and cannot meet with them. So, you can easily avoid conflicts with your real job.

Also, most people you'll be tutoring will actually be teenagers in high school or middle school. So, it's their parents that pay for it, not them. To get an idea for your rate, check out what other people on the website are charging.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:54 pm

After_The_Barrel_Roll wrote:

Well, that officially tops my list of the most pointless videos I've ever seen.

I already hated it by the time the slow as fuck countdown started, and then by the time that pain ended you started playing that fucking Dead Pool song. So, you're just trolling people, right?
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 5:01 am

playing sonic the hedgehog 2, I don't remember it being this fucking frusterating as a kid. Controller has almost been thrown 4 times now lol
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 5:11 am

every day i'm sucking balls

boop boop boop boop bweep dee doop
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 8:20 pm

This week I've learned that a lot of people take everything I say seriously.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 8:25 pm

internets or irl?
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 8:33 pm

Both.

Started with something my friend told me. He said something like, "dude I know you so it's fine, but everyone thinks you're an asshole and are kind of afraid to talk to you".

Then Bolt_thrower said something on IGN after I was fucking with him in a friendly way. I guess it didn't come off as fun as I thought it did, lol
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 10:21 pm

I don't know that thing with Bolt seemed pretty obviously a joke. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 10:40 pm

Electroretard wrote:
Both.

Started with something my friend told me. He said something like, "dude I know you so it's fine, but everyone thinks you're an asshole and are kind of afraid to talk to you".

Then Bolt_thrower said something on IGN after I was fucking with him in a friendly way. I guess it didn't come off as fun as I thought it did, lol

YOU ARE A FUCKING ASSHOLE!!!
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 10:41 pm

Thanks honey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

~Academy Community Thread~
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next