The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month Empty
PostSubject: My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month   My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:28 pm

For NO reason. Nothing has changed about my policy, and I didn't get any accidents, tickets, change address or annual mileage, etc.. NOTHING.

wtf
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month   My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:02 pm

I don't pay car insurance
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month   My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:10 pm

You're Mexican?
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month   My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:15 pm

Maybe you should talk to them about it.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month   My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:03 pm

Already did. They had me do a bunch of legwork and dig up paperwork, then they "worked on it" for hours, called me back and said they could save me "almost $5/month." Plain She then also said, "Yeah there's just been a lot of rate increases lately, and I know it's not really any consolation, but you aren't the only one."

So I shopped around most other "trusted" providers (ones that are big enough to have commercials I guess) and kept coming up with similar numbers to what they want to increase me to at my current provider. Except Geico. Geico was $599 for six months, which is closer to my "magic" number of feeling comfortable and not getting ass-raped. $130/month for someone with no accidents or tickets and who only drives 6,000 miles per year is completely fucking ridiculous to me. Pretty sure I'm gonna switch to Geico.

Last edited by roughdraft_zero on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month   My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:05 pm

Who's your current provider?
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month   My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:12 pm

Mercury.

Not that I've ever had to "deal" with them in terms of actually needing my insurance for filing a claim or anything, but I liked them because of their people for when I did have questions or renewals to deal with, etc.. Not to mention they were pretty high rated for when people did have to go through the claims process, and were priced very competitively. I don't really know about Geico's track record with the claims process, but I don't really care. All insurance is the same when you're not using them, and I imagine that on those rare occasions that you do have to go through the claims process it just sucks no matter what. I think that's worth saving $25/month even if they're not as "smooth/painless" in the unlikely event that I'd actually have to file a claim.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month   My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:52 pm

Yeah, I've never actually filed a claim with Geico, but when I did interact with them for other reasons Geico were always really nice. They didn't even try to talk me into keeping my car insurance when I told them I wasn't going to need it anymore, which I liked. You think that would be pretty obvious, but I remember the one time I was trying to cancel my mothers internet for her because her computer died and was beyond fixing. The ISP asshole was still giving me shit and trying all he could to keep my mother a customer when she didn't even have, and 4 years later still doesn't have, a computer.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month   My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 12:37 am

I've got Liberty Mutual and my rates are about 92 per month. They've only gone down though.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month   My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 3:33 am

When I first got my car my rate was $86/month. Then I moved and had to drive farther for work, which put me above $100/month and I haven't gotten under that $100 mark ever since. I'd really like to, and Geico seems like they can make it happen.

She told me that besides "everybody's rates going up, so it's not just you," she also said that even though I drive about 60% less than I used to, the county and zip code I'm in are "problem/danger areas". Fuckin bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month   My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:04 pm

Just got a thing in the mail, my rates went up too. To 94 bucks.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month   My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:30 pm

My rates went up a bit last year too. Sad
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month   My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:35 pm

Geico bro. Apparently they just had the reverse of Mercury and lowered rates mostly across the board. RAPEING THE BENEFITS, BRO
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month   My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 9:04 pm

I've been happy with Progressive. For my motorcycle I just bought the year coverage flat out for $325. For my car, I'm paying $108 per month. My 6 month was just renewed recently though so I'll probably just wait until this period is over to look into cheaper insurance.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month   My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:23 pm

This reminds me, I never updated my car insurance when I started driving significantly (I mean significantly) more. Oh well, what's done is done, and I never made a claim anyways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month   My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My car insurance just went up almost $30 per month
Page 1 of 1