The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Need help making a decision

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

Need help making a decision Empty
PostSubject: Need help making a decision   Need help making a decision I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 1:18 am

Okay... So I'm a really big Slipknot fan. Like huge. They have a new album coming out in August and I want to preorder it. I have two options.

Amazon.com - I think it's $21 or something. Regular edition cd. I could possibly get it a little before it's released or the day it's released if I preorder.

CDJapan.com - It's a special 6-fold digipak with a 40 page booklet and a DVD that shows the making of the album. It is released in Japan 6 days earlier but since I'm in America I don't know how long it would take to ship here. It's $31 and I'm not sure if that 40 page booklet and DVD are in English.

I could always sell it on ebay if I get the Japanese version and it's not in English. That is, if they release a similar version in the US.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: Need help making a decision   Need help making a decision I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 1:21 am

I'd say go with amazon.
Back to top Go down
Loose Nut

Loose Nut

PostSubject: Re: Need help making a decision   Need help making a decision I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 1:32 am

Download it all before it even comes out.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Need help making a decision   Need help making a decision I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 1:34 am

I'll be doing that.

But I'm also going to have a physical copy the day it comes out.
Back to top Go down
Loose Nut

Loose Nut

PostSubject: Re: Need help making a decision   Need help making a decision I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 1:48 am

Well I just checked that CDJapan site and it says that, using the Express Mail Service, your order will be delivered within 3-6 days of shipping. So assuming they ship it the day it's released, the latest you'll get it is the day the album's released in North America. The only problem is that it's going to cost an extra $15 or so for the EMS delivery.

Have you not been able to find the digipak on any American websites? If not, I'd just get it from Amazon and not bother with the Japanese thing, unless you really want that digipak.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Need help making a decision   Need help making a decision I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 1:52 am

Well it's a Japan exclusive at the moment. I'd really like the 40 page book and DVD. There are plans to release the DVD with a future release in the US according to wikipedia. It says nothing about the book. Then if I get the Japanese version and it's all in kanji, it's useless to me anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help making a decision   Need help making a decision I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help making a decision
Page 1 of 1