The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm thinkin about making a bogus resume to get hired as a bartender

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

I'm thinkin about making a bogus resume to get hired as a bartender Empty
PostSubject: I'm thinkin about making a bogus resume to get hired as a bartender   I'm thinkin about making a bogus resume to get hired as a bartender I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:20 pm

or at least a barback.

That's what I really want to do. I hate this fucking sales job, renting god damn cars for eleven hours a day while wearing a suit. But these days, nobody wants to hire somebody in the beverage biz without at least a year's experience, and I only have six months restaurant experience, and it was over three years ago and didn't involve alcohol.

I have a friend whose mother owns a prominent restaurant, and she already told me that I could use her as a fake reference. I'm wondering if I could maybe somehow get another one and just fabricate a resume to make myself look good. The problem there, is then I'll get the job and possibly have minimal training and not know how to do anything. Still worth a shot I'm thinking.

Think this might work? Anybody have any stories or experience of trying this?
Back to top Go down
Iangorge
VIP
Iangorge

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinkin about making a bogus resume to get hired as a bartender   I'm thinkin about making a bogus resume to get hired as a bartender I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 6:23 pm

My mom faked her resume to be the manager of a department store in our area. She put stuff about working at other department stores for some number of years and she got the job.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinkin about making a bogus resume to get hired as a bartender   I'm thinkin about making a bogus resume to get hired as a bartender I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 7:22 pm

I'm just wondering about how the interview would be, and then if they actually check the references. Of all the jobs I've had and applied for, I've never heard of a single instance where they mentioned checking a reference, or where one of the references I put told me about how they got a call. It's just never happened as to my knowledge. And I'm thinking if I apply to some shitbox dive of a bar, how would they all of a sudden be the type to check up on that type of stuff? I mean damn, your mom got away with being the manager of a whole department store, that's nuts.

I'm gaining inspiration and motivation...but I still need the time and smarts to get my other shit together (contacting fake references, rebuilding my resume, actually learning how to make a drink since they probably wouldn't bother re-teaching me the basics, etc.).
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinkin about making a bogus resume to get hired as a bartender   I'm thinkin about making a bogus resume to get hired as a bartender I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 9:34 pm

I don't think anyone checks references, at least the places I applied I put my supervisor as my reference. When I came back to work she didn't mention anyone called in.
Back to top Go down
Iangorge
VIP
Iangorge

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinkin about making a bogus resume to get hired as a bartender   I'm thinkin about making a bogus resume to get hired as a bartender I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:17 pm

People are just too lazy.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinkin about making a bogus resume to get hired as a bartender   I'm thinkin about making a bogus resume to get hired as a bartender I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 2:42 am

I'm thinking it's more to do with people just realizing that these are shitty jobs that most anybody can do. All my friends in the educational and medical fields work their asses off for multiple semesters just for one extra reference on their application/resume, and they definitely do get checked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinkin about making a bogus resume to get hired as a bartender   I'm thinkin about making a bogus resume to get hired as a bartender I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm thinkin about making a bogus resume to get hired as a bartender
Page 1 of 1