The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thinkin about moving.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

Thinkin about moving. Empty
PostSubject: Thinkin about moving.   Thinkin about moving. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 12:36 am

Actually, I know I have to, I'm just thinking about how, when and where.

Considering moving out of state, actually. Finding somewhere where an actually liveable residence can be had for $500/month or less would be cool and seems plenty plausible.

From what I can tell, I probably have a lot of options, it's just that most of them come with a lot of uncertainty, and none of them are anything ideal or pleasant. Though, that's how I'm living right now, so, eh.

Last edited by roughdraft_zero on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin about moving.   Thinkin about moving. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 12:45 am

What kind of place could you rent for $500 or less a month over there? Down here you'd be lucky to get a shit box apartment for that amount.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin about moving.   Thinkin about moving. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 12:49 am

my two-bedroom townhouse apartment is $450 a month.
so i pay $225 as my half.

not that i'm suggesting MS as a good option. at all.

i'm considering moving out into an apartment by myself. don't know how i'd afford it, though.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin about moving.   Thinkin about moving. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 12:51 am

$450 a month for that?

Down here thats like a fortnights rent. I'm pretty sure we had to pay about $400 - $500 a fortnight for a two storey, three bedroom townhouse apartment back when we used to live in one.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin about moving.   Thinkin about moving. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 12:53 am

my apartment:

front door opens to living room (which has a sofa, love seat, chair, coffee table, and tv)
closet under the stairs (like Harry Potter's home!)
half bathroom down stairs. laundry room.
kitchen with dining area

upstairs--linen closet, full bathroom, and 2 bedrooms (2 closets in each bedroom)

it's actually a really good deal. i wish i could afford to have the whole thing to myself. but. money is tight.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin about moving.   Thinkin about moving. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 12:54 am

Green_shoes wrote:
What kind of place could you rent for $500 or less a month over there? Down here you'd be lucky to get a shit box apartment for that amount.
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. In just about this whole damn state that's either an impossibility or as you said, for something that's in shitbox conditions. Out of state, like I said, one could do better in that price range. I know that places in Washington, Idaho, Montana, the Dakotas, and others have places for that price or less that are even, like, nice.

And actually, Mississippi would probably be fine for me, especially if I had rent that low. There are a lot of things that I can adapt to if not at least tolerate.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin about moving.   Thinkin about moving. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 12:55 am

well, i live in a college town. there are a lot of apartment options. a lot of decent places with cheap rent, actually.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin about moving.   Thinkin about moving. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:24 am

My rent is 500 bucks. I rock.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin about moving.   Thinkin about moving. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:25 am

uh, I thought you were in San Diego. How is that possible?
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin about moving.   Thinkin about moving. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:25 am

He lives in a trailer.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin about moving.   Thinkin about moving. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:26 am

down by the river?
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin about moving.   Thinkin about moving. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:29 am

Nope, but 10 minutes from the beach. Dancing
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin about moving.   Thinkin about moving. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:30 am

never been to cali, but that sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin about moving.   Thinkin about moving. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:33 am

Wait you really live in a trailer? And it's actually one owned by somebody else and leased to you, or what? Is it in a...trailer park?
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin about moving.   Thinkin about moving. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:34 am

It's a trailer park. You rent the space, but own the trailer. Mines kind of old but they are making some nice ones in here.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin about moving.   Thinkin about moving. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:40 am

So you're paying $500 for just the space, then? I'm guessing you just came up on the trailer somehow? That sucks still, though, sorry (well, I don't really mean for you if it's cool and you like it, but definitely not a viable option for myself...not that I really think you were suggesting it to me).
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin about moving.   Thinkin about moving. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:45 am

It used to be my moms but thanks to circumstances about my grandmother dying and begging I had to give her 15,000 dollars and she gave me the trailer in return.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin about moving.   Thinkin about moving. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 1:47 am

Hollow_Viscus wrote:
It used to be my moms but thanks to circumstances about my grandmother dying and begging I had to give her 15,000 dollars and she gave me the trailer in return.
I can't tell if that's just a fucked-up situation or if you just sucked at wording it clearly.

Both maybe?
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin about moving.   Thinkin about moving. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 12:13 am

Just talked to a friend. He lives on the outskirts of downtown, and in his backyard is a detached studio/grandmother's house. It only has a kitchenette, no toilet or shower, I wouldn't have a spot to park my car if and when I ever got one, and the main house is kept incredibly dirty and they don't plan on changing that part of their lifestyle anytime soon. But, the rent would only be $300/month.

There's enough space where I wouldn't have to also get a storage unit, and close enough to where I am now that I wouldn't have to make a big expensive move. It's probably one of my higher things to consider, really.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin about moving.   Thinkin about moving. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 12:20 am

the no toilet or shower thing would be a problem for me... but otherwise, it doesn't sound terrible.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin about moving.   Thinkin about moving. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:33 am

I'm pretty sure I could put in one or the other, there's definitely room for one if not both. And actually, it might not cost me anything to do it. They've been wanting to fix it up for a while, and it needs mostly basic things like a new front door, some paint, maybe carpet and lighting fixtures. They actually said that if I'd be willing to do some of the labor, and not even necessarily pay for material (depending), they'd even be willing to knock some off rent for a couple months if not just give me a month or two free. Plus, it's just homies, so a little short or late on rent's no big deal as long as I come through in the end, and no contract or lease, obviously.

Damn, I keep talking myself into this being my best option.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin about moving.   Thinkin about moving. I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 11:50 pm

I'm pretty for sure for sure about what I'm doin now.

So a friend of mine has a condo about a mile and a half from where I live right now. Most the condos in this complex rent for $1350 or more, but my friend's grandfather owns this one and rents it to her for the cheap, only $900/month, and it's a 2-car garage, 2-story 2-bedroom with good space, nice fixtures and appliances and etc. Her roommate just moved out earlier this month, but the thing is, my friend who's place it is, was the one who already owned everything in it--big screen tv, furniture and everything. So that's all staying obviously, and I'd only need my bedroom stuff.

She originally said I could move in as soon as December, and I said fuck that, give me a chance to at least start my job and get a paycheck or two. I eventually asked if February was cool, and I guess it is. She did say that if I push it back any later she would start looking for somebody else. Though February is probably pretty close to my mandatory move date anyway, and I can't imagine a better deal than this, so I gotta make it work somehow. The part more difficult than the rent is I'll be at ground zero again and not have a car or computer, and will likely be going into credit card debt for the first time in my life. It's ok, it should go well with my student loan debt Tongue
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin about moving.   Thinkin about moving. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:00 am

Well it all sounds good except for no car or computer. And the debts, I do suppose.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin about moving.   Thinkin about moving. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:07 am

at least you have a plan now! that's a comfort, i'm sure.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin about moving.   Thinkin about moving. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 12:23 am

Not really. It's scary as shit, honestly, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinkin about moving.   Thinkin about moving. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thinkin about moving.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next