The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What video games are you guys playing nowadays?

Go down 
+12
tuggernuts
Green_shoes
Ancient Rune
Abnormal Freak
Electroretard
Shrike
X-pert74
jeffnogo
After_The_Barrel_Roll
Hollow_Viscus
jthefrank
Loxx O)))
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 2:46 am

Been playing Killer Is Dead. Not a huge fan. I don't know why I keep buying that man's games...

Should be getting Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 for WiiU in the mail soon. I played the demo and it seemed fun. I'm sure it will get old quick, though.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 12:14 pm

I've been in a bit of a lull lately. Finished Might and Magic VI (again), and started up the Shadow of Death campaign in Heroes of Might and Magic III (again)

Still making progress on Dragon Quest VI here and there too
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 7:18 am

I'm playing GameCube games on my Wii U with forced progressive scan and forced widescreen (wider field of view) and holy shit it's rocking my balls. Nintendon-t roolz.

(Top: Wii playing the actual disc; Bottom: Wii U with Nintendont playing the ISO)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 6:34 pm

I gave up on Jade Empire. I picked back up after about a month layoff (partially because of the move), and just really couldn't get into it. Not that I had had much fun with it in the first place

On the final boss of Dragon Quest VI, and that f'er is tough. Even more so than is usually the case with these games. Figure I can re-attempt after a few more hours of grinding
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 6:41 pm

Loxx O))) wrote:
Been playing Killer Is Dead.  Not a huge fan.  I don't know why I keep buying that man's games...

SUDA51 hasn't sat in the director's chair since No More Heroes so there is a noticeable lack of quality in some of the games, although I rank Shadows of the Damned and NMH2 among his best work.

Does make you wonder when he's ever going to be directly hands-on with another game.

Killer Is Dead is cool, though.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 7:27 pm

Got Arkham Origins during the Steam sale. It's pretty much an Arkham city expansion, as the map is the same from that game as far as I can tell.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 3:16 am

these video game announcements as of late have been pretty fucking insane
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 1:37 pm

What announcements?

I picked up the new Civilization: Beyond Earth on the steam sale a little bit ago. Pretty nice variation on the theme of a Civ game. Its game mechanics can definitely use a little tweaking, but Firaxis is known for releasing countless patches plus a few expansions that do that plus more.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 3:43 pm

He's probably talking about the stuff from The Game Awards and the PlayStation Experience.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 6:29 pm

^ yes

FF VII being PORTED to ps4 was insane because it further cemented the fact that Squenix is worse than crapcom at this point

Suikoden II finally going to be obtainable legally without paying a hunned +

Bloodborne is going to have procedurally generated areas if I heard correctly and will definitely still be coming next year

Metal Gear Online looks like it will be great even though I didn't get into it in MGS 4, I had a lot of fun online in portable ops on the psp.

Persona 5 will thankfully be on both ps3 and ps4 AND it will be coming to the states the same year it's releasing in JPN

Yakuza 5 will be making it over here as well.

I'm pretty excited over all that minus the FF VII bullshit that squenix pulled.

Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 6:57 pm

King's Quest coming back could be interesting, or it could suck.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 11:49 pm

Beat Dragon Quest VI. Started up Professor Layton 5.

I also went back and finished off the Two Worlds achievements. Next up is returning to Tomb Raider to get 100%
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 5:47 am

I've been playing Captain Toad lol. I think it's fun. Still not convinced it's worth $40 (seems more like a $20–25 game) but I don't know how deep the rabbit hole goes. It purportedly has 70+ levels even if they're relatively short and there aren't any brainteaser puzzles so far. What I found cool is the game detected my Mario 3D World save file and unlocked some levels from that game to play as Cpt. Toad. They feel weird since they weren't designed around the Cap'n and his inability to jump, but it's pretty cool nevertheless.

Also, any of you with a Backloggery account should probably add me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 6:41 pm

jeffnogo wrote:
King's Quest coming back could be interesting, or it could suck.

I was kind of saddened by this announcement only because they honored Ken and Roberta Williams on stage. Then showed the new game that looked more like Dragon's Lair more than King's Quest. Tongue
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 7:40 pm

Yeah, what the video showed did kind of make it seem less of a classic adventure game and more of a I don't know what, but closer to Dragon's Lair indeed.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 7:58 pm

Abnormal Freak wrote:
I've been playing Captain Toad lol. I think it's fun. Still not convinced it's worth $40 (seems more like a $20–25 game) but I don't know how deep the rabbit hole goes. It purportedly has 70+ levels even if they're relatively short and there aren't any brainteaser puzzles so far. What I found cool is the game detected my Mario 3D World save file and unlocked some levels from that game to play as Cpt. Toad. They feel weird since they weren't designed around the Cap'n and his inability to jump, but it's pretty cool nevertheless.

Also, any of you with a Backloggery account should probably add me.

Added you and Xpert... who appears to be in the middle of 300 games
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 9:26 pm

If I were to add every unfinished game, my list would probably be just as long. But I'm not currently playing any of them. Mine's already gotten too big, but I'm only adding games as I go along and play them.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 11:11 pm

I had the same issue until I realized I was never, ever going to go back and continue my games of Odin Sphere, Magic Carpet, Saiyuki, Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge, Syberia., etc. At least not on those systems or with those save files. So I got rid of them all, and didn't bother adding them to my backloggery.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 11:12 pm

Some day I'll actually get around to adding notes to my beaten games too.

Played through Dead Space again on New Game +

Playing through Beyond Good or Evil for the first time in 10+ years. It holds up really well.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 6:27 pm

Jeez, I was pretty good about beating the rush on some of the SNES games that have spiked over the last year, but I really missed the boat on Pocky and Rocky. Passed on $40-45 listings so many times. Argh

Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 3:48 am

Loose is only $81 on the site right now. That's not terrible. I've passed on worse.

I'm still play Smash Bros. WiiU. I have Captain Toad and Epic Mickey 2 unplayed. I still want Smash. Good on that game. I never liked Smash before.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 8:00 pm

Finished off Professor Layton 5. Looks like the final game is already climbing in price and it only came out 10 months ago. Hopefully they do a re-print soon.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 4:56 am

I'm juggling a lot of games right now. Going through all the Borderlands 2 DLC (well the season pass stuff anyway).

Working on Captain Morgane and also going through Skyward Sword on Wii.

I was working on Wasteland 2 and Divinity Original Sin but I don't think I have the time to focus on them right now. Tongue

I got an Xbone for Christmas so this isn't going to help the backlog. Sad
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 3:06 am

Holy shit, glad I jumped on that when I did. Could end up being the most valuable game I own at this rate
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 1:34 pm

Beat a number of retro games over the last two weeks:

Pocky and Rocky - SNES (levels 3 and 6 were hard as shit)
Axelay - SNES
Legend of the Mystical Ninja - SNES (levels 4-9 were hard as shit)
Kirby Super Star - SNES
Jaws - NES
Adventures in the Magic Kingdom - NES
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - GB

I've never beat a Sonic platformer before, so I might try to tackle one of those next week

And my to-buy list of SNES games is getting pretty cleared out.  Since I have most of the awesome titles by now, the top is mostly filled up with rare and uncommon stuff that I can only hope to get cheap by chance:

Top 100:

The NES and Genesis lists are works-in-progress since I don't know the libraries well enough yet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What video games are you guys playing nowadays?
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next