The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

~Academy Community Thread~

Go down 
+12
Possyishero
khemchee
Electroretard
After_The_Barrel_Roll
Clinton70
RespawnedDemon
Hollow_Viscus
Cghost21
Abnormal Freak
jthefrank
roughdraft_zero
jeffnogo
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 9:33 pm

Kind of funny.  People get called racist for MAGA shit.  Like, it's okay to say someone wearing a MAGA hat is a nazi.  But a Muslim meme saying 'Absolutely Halal' and saying it looks like ISIS is bannable.  Funny shit, IGN.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 9:45 pm

Oh... I also forgot that Islam was a race. :/
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 12:36 am

24 hour ban. It's been a day and a half, lol.

I woke up feeling really shitty today and in a really bad place... but it really turned around for me. I'm actually enjoying myself and feeling positive, that's good. I need to remember that things can turn around without things like weed and alcohol.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2019 11:27 pm

Fuck, it has been a hard day. About 2 weeks ago, my father was having prostate issues, so they wanted to do some tests. Figured they would see if he had prostate cancer, and while it isn't serious, they found some cancer cells in the tests. Not great news, but it's by far one of the slowest/least deadly cancers.

But a little over 2 months ago, my dad was working in his shop and took a long fall onto his back. He thought he broke a rib, which he did, so he just figured he would take it easy and let it heal. That's about all you can really do, but he wasn't really starting to feel better. Until now he still had a pain in his back and near that rib. So, last week he got that checked out, and they told him he had a growth near where he injured himself.

So, they now checked this out, and long story short, it's a type of plasma cell cancer that can kill you pretty quickly if it's not discovered first. It primarily is in your bone marrow, and so if you break a bone it creates a growth where the break occurred. If my father hadn't fallen and injured himself, they told him he would have probably never known and would have been dead within 5 months. It's still terrible news, of course, because it's not one of the nicer cancers to have, but with treatment you can live a fair amount of time. Pretty fucked up news...He independently got diagnosed with 2 different cancers within 2 weeks of each other.

There hasn't been much good news going around recently.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 6:58 pm

That is some pretty shitty luck. But, I guess catching something early is a little bit of a positive.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2019 4:09 pm

Found a manufacturing job assembling engines. It's through an on-site temp agency but it sounds like getting hired directly after 90 days is pretty likely with good work and attendance. Don't know my start date, hoping it's Monday. Looks like I'll have around 18–20 hours of overtime most weeks so that'll be good money. Just so I don't get burnt out; 50–60 hours a week will be rough.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2019 12:04 am

Fuuuck. Congrats on the job but mandatory overtime sucks. Really nice when you can do it on your terms but 10-12 hours a day or 6 days a week is miserable. I had to do it for years. Time flew by for me... But man I was not happy.

Hopefully it works out better for you than it did me. I know I sound like an asshole downer, I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2019 11:27 am

It's cool man, I know it's gonna blow chunks, lol. I keep waking up dreading it. I was doing 9–9.5 hours a day at my warehouse job but had weekends off. It's the mandatory Saturdays that are gonna really bite. Just gotta keep my mind on the positives like actually making money again
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2019 6:36 pm

My Xbox One hard drive died... So now I've got to go and load an operating system and partition a new one. Not looking forward to it. Second time I've had to fix the damn thing in a month. Last time some pieces on the disc drive got messed up and I had to realign them. This console is shit.

I'm only going through the effort for Sekiro. But luckily this means I get to start the whole fucking game over. Awesome...
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2019 11:34 pm

That sucks dewd. I get unnecessarily stressed out when old game hardware goes screwy. Eventually this stuff won't be fixable and that's mega gay.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2019 1:49 am

Well, my wife and I decided it wasn't worth the effort. I bought Sekiro on PS4 and I'm trading in all my Xbox One games for store credit at GameStop so I can get some Switch games.

Love the Xbox controller but fuck... that console was awful. I've basically been able to get most of the way back to where I was in Sekiro even though it took me about a month before. Really is a skill based game to me.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 9:14 pm

I'd like to play Sekiro but feel obligated to beat the Soulsborne games first.

The Xbox One controller really is fantastic, but yeah the console itself is just OK. I use it more for backwards compatibility. I guess 4K gaming with the Xbox One X is pretty badass though.

The DualShock 4 kinda sucks wieners. It's an all right design and all, feels comfortable, but the fucker starts to break after a couple years of use. Sony didn't build those things to last, and that sucks when controllers are so expensive these days.

I like my PS4 but don't think I'll get a PS5. Sony of America/Europe have a committee now that reviews and censors sexual content in games. Devil May Cry 5 had some asses covered up and it's only gonna get more bullshitty from here. I'm worried what they'll do to the Yakuza remasters and the spinoff Judgment.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 11:32 pm

Sheeit, paychecks of $600–800 a week feel nice, that's the most I've made my whole life lol. Feelin' like I'll have carpal tunnel before long, though.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 2:42 pm

800 a week would bankrupt me, which is weird. I've thought about this before: when I made around maybe $500/week, I didn't live in such squalor. I bought at least the occasional record, ate out plenty, etc.. Rent is higher obviously, but I make way more and have very little savings still. I can't imagine having a fucking kid.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 6:15 pm

Up until a few months ago I was making about 850 a week (after taxes) and we were barely scraping by here. My wife stays home with our daughter and doesn't work because she wouldn't be able to get a nearby job that could more than cover the necessary childcare costs.

Thankfully, a few months ago I got a decent raise to about 1000 a week, and we're doing a lot better now, but it's still not great because I'm trying to pay off the credit card we used more than a few times last year plus what's left of my student loans.

Unfortunately, my current "well" paying job will most likely cease to exist come this December. I've been applying like crazy for something new in my field with a handful of interviews here and there, but I only got one offer that at the end of the day I couldn't accept. It's looking quite likely that I'll have to change careers to data science, where hiring odds are about as good as it can get right now.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 7:56 pm

roughdraft_zero wrote:
800 a week would bankrupt me, which is weird. I've thought about this before: when I made around maybe $500/week, I didn't live in such squalor. I bought at least the occasional record, ate out plenty, etc.. Rent is higher obviously, but I make way more and have very little savings still. I can't imagine having a fucking kid.

Try having three

Babysitting/preschool cost us somewhere between $36,000-$40,000 last year. That is not a joke or exaggeration.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 9:25 pm

lol damn, here I am just happy to have some decent money for a change. It's the best paying unskilled labor within 50 miles of me and my commute is short and sweet (20 mins). I filed for the highest tax rate so I don't gotta worry about owing next year but getting a phat sum back.

I'm a temp though, so I hope they'll wanna roll me over in August. Saving my pennies in case they throw me out on my ass.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 11:56 am

jthefrank wrote:
roughdraft_zero wrote:

Try having three

No.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 11:00 pm

I'm actually on the job hunt myself. I'm finally graduating from grad school in June with a degree in mental health counseling. Of course that field pays next to nothing, but I'm trying to advocate for myself. I got a job offer for a temporary position at the place where I'm doing my internship, and the boss told me that there is a "very good" chance that it will turn into a permanent position because a couple of other counselors are on the verge of quitting. So I hope that works out.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 11:22 pm

roughdraft_zero wrote:
jthefrank wrote:
roughdraft_zero wrote:

Try having three

No.

You'll slip one past the goalie eventually. Probably have twin girls.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2019 4:35 pm

What's getting pregnant got to do with not having kids? Also, gonna try and get snipped by the end of Summer.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2019 8:06 pm

Got mad stanky gas, bruhz. Fried catfish style.
Back to top Go down
Clinton70

Clinton70

Title : Notorious Clintorious

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2019 11:53 pm

Drinking steel reserve and sailor jerry. Also, too many farts and not enough craps lately. Been reading the old comm thread II on IGN.

Hope everyone is well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Clinton70

Clinton70

Title : Notorious Clintorious

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2019 11:54 pm

roughdraft_zero wrote:
What's getting pregnant got to do with not having kids? Also, gonna try and get snipped by the end of Summer.

Why? We need some RZ Jr’s out there Smile
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 32 I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2019 10:27 am

The host website disappeared for a while and I'm considering just making a new site. Don't know if anyone cares one way or the other so I figured I'd ask.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 32 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

~Academy Community Thread~
Page 32 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next