The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

~Academy Community Thread~

Go down 
+6
roughdraft_zero
IAmHeavenSent
Hollow_Viscus
Loxx O)))
Cghost
Green_shoes
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy
Experience Points: 25/100

~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 9:15 am

i need a hug--and maybe some anger management classes. haha

never had a drink last night, just a warm cup of tea and milk, and went to bed.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 1:46 pm

I should quit my job.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 1:50 pm

i should get a job
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 1:52 pm

Only if it's enjoyable. If you hate the job and the people you work with... you end up not having an enjoyable life at all.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 6:50 pm

You get money for doing the job. Even if its shit it gives you the cash to live.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 9:29 pm

my problem is finding a job that works with my school schedule.

i REALLY wish i was eligible for campus jobs.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:00 pm

Why aren't you eligible?

Being a student Tutor is a pretty good job. That's what my friend does. He tutors the athletes at Cal.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:14 pm

ooh! I'm smart; I could totally do that!!!

i'm not eligible for campus jobs because they're all through the Federal Work Study program. my father (who claims me as a dependent) makes too much money for me to get federal assistance---not that he passes too much of that money to me!
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:26 pm

Is he paying for your school?
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:28 pm

that's actually kinda a hard question to answer.

my mom did this program where she put way a certain amount of money a month for about 10 years. it gained interest (but was government guaranteed) and is paying for my education---so technically the money that was originally put into that account was probably his.

so i get all my scholarships back.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:40 pm

Sounds like you're set pretty much. Except for the no job thing. Razz

It's better not to have a job while you go to school if you can get away with it. That way you can just focus on your school work.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:54 pm

this will get me through undergrad.

grad school not only scares the shit about me, but i'm pretty much just crossing my fingers for good scholarships.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 12:01 am

I guess because of your dad's wealthy status you can't get financial aid or grants either?
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 12:04 am

i haven't looked into it too much. i need to, though. i've only got about a year left of undergrad.

how long can he claim me as a dependent anyway??
i plan to do a teaching assistanceship (that doesn't look like a word) to help with tuition and rent..
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 12:13 am

Internship? Maybe? or just say TA. I had one of those once. She was hot.

I looked this up:

Six Criteria for Qualifying Relatives

To be claimed as a qualifying relative, the person must meet all of the following criteria:

Not a qualifying child - The dependent cannot be a qualifying child of another taxpayer.

Gross Income – The dependent earns less than the personal exemption amount during the year. For 2008, this means the dependent earns less than $3,500.

Total Support – You provide more than half of the dependent's total support during the year.

Relationship – You are related to the dependent in certain ways.

Joint Return – If the dependent is married, the dependent cannot file a joint return with his or her spouse.

Citizenship – The dependent must be a citizen or resident alien of the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 12:16 am

Yeah--TA!

i hope i don't make students want to punch me in the face like my stupid TA did.

oh, i didn't actually mean you had to look stuff up about claiming a dependent, but thank you!!! that almost makes it sounds like it could go on forever, as long as i don't make too much money a year... that can't be right. i feel like the age cut off would be 21 or 23... not too important.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 12:41 am

Well if you found a place of your own you wouldn't' be a dependent anymore.

When is he going to die and leave his fortune to you? Then you could move out to California. Mischief
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 12:45 am

haha he pays my car insurance and my cell phone bill. i could deal with that... the main thing is that i'm covered under his insurance.

so i have something to say that's going to completely make this seem awkward, but i don't want it to.... (i'm not trying to brag or get pity, i swear.)

but my mom died in '08... i actually go next monday to sign the papers and have a good bit of money from her put into my name.
i'm going to do my best not to touch the principal and let it build.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 12:51 am

I fucking hate the facebook messenger. It's a piece of shit.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 12:53 am

My Grandma left me some money too which I'm trying to save. I'm kind of just skirting by now on unemployment but once I get a job and a car I'm going to put it in savings or something. The girl at the bank wants me to put it in a money market account so maybe I'll do that for her.

I wish my friend uploaded that video to youtube, you could see how crazy my mom was about the money.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 12:57 am

half of this money will be "cash" that i plan to put into a CD

the other half is in the stock market. i suppose i'll leave it there.

i wish i had recorded my father being a total asshole about Mom's not having a will. she'd actually told me (when he'd been begging her to sign a will) that she didn't because he wanted her to leave him everything. she knew he'd leave my brother and me out of it.
telling him that and seeing the hurt expression on his face was actually satisfying.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 1:04 am

The thing is my grandma split the money between Me, my aunt, and my dad 30% each, left my mom 10%. She got pissed and tried to get my dad to sign papers to make him give up part of his money and in another revised thing she made it 50% 50% with her sister and herself.

Her "proof" (That she used in court on Judge Alex) was that when they pulled the plug my Grandma sat up and said, "I want, I want..." and so my mom thinks my Grandma thinks that she wanted to give her more money. Give me a break. Plain
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 1:09 am

by not signing a will, mom ensured that her assets will be split evenly between my father, my brother, and me. tommy was definitely pissed. but he's got a new woman now; she's got money/land. they can be happy together.

it's ridiculous what money does to people. my mom's half-sister screwed us over and won't talk to us anymore. the way she behaved, i don't care to have anything to do with her anyway.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 1:10 am

You're recording a cd Shea?
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 1:12 am

haha i wish!

but i meant Certificate of Deposit (or whatever the crap it stands for)... gains interest while you have no access to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 15 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

~Academy Community Thread~
Page 15 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next