The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

~Academy Community Thread~

Go down 
+6
roughdraft_zero
IAmHeavenSent
Hollow_Viscus
Loxx O)))
Cghost
Green_shoes
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 5:23 am

Getting a second interview is a good sign.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 1:46 pm

Second interview went well. Probably even better than the first. 'Spoeda get a call tomorrow about setting up the third. My friend is having her third interview today, maybe even right now or earlier this morning. I'll have to ask her how it went.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 5:28 pm

sounds like it's going well.

good luck! =)
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 6:06 pm

Best of luck with that.

Full day of uni today. Pretty lame but I'll probably get most of one of my assignments done so thats a plus.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:14 pm

They did it to me again: told me a time they'd call to schedule the next interview, and then call much earlier. This time they called only a couple hours after I had finished. FINAL INTERVIEW tomorrow morning. Haven't heard back from my friend about how the third interview went for her...I hope that doesn't mean badly.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:54 am

Sounds like a huge cock tease. What is this job for again?
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 1:20 am

What's such a tease about it? They told me it's a 3-interview process, up until this point it has been, and they've been hurrying me along through it... Confused

It's fer Enterprise Rent-A-Car, entry-level management training.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 1:25 am

So you wanna be a manager, eh?
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 1:55 am

Maybe, maybe not. I know I wanna make the money that a manager makes, at least until I'm out of debt.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 3:28 pm

3rd interview went well. Sposeda hear an answer on Monday.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 4:17 pm

Sounds like things have progressed very well. Good luck!!!
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:22 pm

Got the call today offering me the job. I have to pass a background check and that'll be it. They gave me the option of starting on the 5th or the 12th, and I opted for the 12th since I'm trying to go to Dinosaur Jr and Steven Wright on the 6th and 7th, respectively. Plus, some complete and utter downtime would be nice to have right before committing to a 50-hour/week job.

So now I have some tough decisions about school. Do I keep going until I start the job, and then from there only go to the classes when I can and do the assignments that I can (both of which would be spotty at best), or do I just drop all the classes altogether? The main point of conflict here is that my student loans are currently being deferred, saving me approximately $300 per month, because I am presently enrolled in classes. I found out that the agency that verifies a person's status checks every student's enrollment status monthly, although it remains undisclosed as to what time of the month that they perform these checks. Also, I haven't found any information as to whether GPA plays a part in qualifying for deferment status, but I would assume that it does. Plus, all my teachers actually take roll everyday, and are definitely the type to drop a student for missing classes. And according to policy, a student with four or more unexcused absences in a semester is able to be dropped from the class at the instructor's discretion, which of course then also enables me to be dropped from qualifying for deferment status with my student loans. This makes me look back at the first option of still attending class and doing assignments as best I can, likely to not get dropped from the class, but unlikely to receive a passing grade. This will fuck my GPA, which might or might not also be a way to make me ineligible for deferment status, in addition to just being shitty for there ever possibly being a time at some point in the future that I want to go back to school (again).

So, do I continue to have extremely limited free time and remain in school, thereby protecting my enrollment status but butt-fucking my GPA, or...do I drop my classes, thereby being reinstated in paying back student loans and not getting to see and interact with all the hotties that I like in all my classes, but giving me more free time and helping to salvage my GPA.
Back to top Go down
OmriSama

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 12:41 am

I kinda missed Loxx so I came back Smile
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 1:00 am

Cool. You should stick around.
Back to top Go down
OmriSama

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 1:41 am

Post titties and you get an epic win emblem.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 1:44 am

Sweet. Omri posts here now.
Back to top Go down
OmriSama

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 1:44 am

your cool
Back to top Go down
Cghost
VIP
Cghost

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:05 am

thought I was getting swine flu this weekend. Turns out it's just some weird respiratory thing
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:08 am

H1N1 bitch
Back to top Go down
Cghost
VIP
Cghost

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:11 am

and I refuse to go tot he clinic because I'm not being quarantined to my fucking house for 7 days. Dont' care if I spread it around, I have shit to do.
Back to top Go down
Cghost
VIP
Cghost

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:14 am

Actually now that I read some of the symptoms on wiki, it might be swine flu. Regardless, not seeing a doctor.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:17 am

that's the spirit. Call me right before your position at work opens up.
Back to top Go down
Cghost
VIP
Cghost

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:19 am

even if it was opening you'd be failing at it anyway
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:24 am

You'll live even if it is swine flu.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 27 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 2:40 am

Cghost wrote:
even if it was opening you'd be failing at it anyway
I really don't know why you insist on thinking that. When I had the restaurant job a few years back, I was training new hires after being there for two weeks, always got the most tips and the most call-ins for complements, was the only one to not get harassed for lack of cleanliness, and a bunch of other things, including them literally begging me not to leave when I told them I had to quit to move cross country to go to school. These types of things were not atypical to all my other jobs, either. And I definitely know my way around a fryer and grill too, not to mention a tap and a sink, faggot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 27 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

~Academy Community Thread~
Page 27 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next