The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

~Academy Community Thread~

Go down 
+6
roughdraft_zero
IAmHeavenSent
Hollow_Viscus
Loxx O)))
Cghost
Green_shoes
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 10:02 pm

I feel like I did pretty well on both tests, even the psych one that I did none of the reading for.

I probably could have finished it a lot faster myself if the homework website weren't all fucked up. It was all buggy, crashing a few times, and telling me that my answer was wrong, not allowing me to advance, eventually giving me the right answer, identical to what I had actually input into the answer box. Between the three chapters I was doing, there were over 100 questions, and over 20 of them did that bullshit to me.

The math is intermediate algebra. In high school, I got an A in all my math classes and finished to the level of trigonometry. I was set to do pre-calc and then calc for my junior and senior year, but I said fuck that noise cuz by that point finishing trig was more than my minimum reqs to graduate high school. And since high school, the only math classes I've had was elementary statistics (ie "know how to use a ti-86) four years ago, and "college math" in my bullshit university that never got more advanced than 7th grade remedial algebra, and that was two years ago. So I was pretty out of practice when it came time for my assessment class. I have a B in the class right now, and only the first month of material was stuff that I had ever seen before in high school. So I'm coasting with minimal effort still, but I'm sure cghost would still mock me for putting in any effort at all and not getting at least an A.

And the psych class is intro to psych. Never had an interest in or any exposure to any of it before. It's a mix of common knowledge and moderately interesting theories, but it sucks because the teacher is so dry and I have so litle spare time and attention to devote to the material aside from showing up to class. Yet another instance where I have a poor grade (a C right now, but maybe higher since I feel I did pretty well on the test) in an basic and elementary class.

Both those classes are 3/4 or more full of 18-and younger year-olds.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 1:53 am

i love math. algebra is my favorite.
and i'm a psych major. but i understand it is a wishy-washy subject that a lot of people think is full of bullshit. (myself, included, at times)

i'm glad to be out of my really basic classes. most of mine are full of juniors and seniors. that's nice.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 2:49 am

Green_shoes, that's too bad about your mom. Sometimes people in my family get pretty crazy as well. It's annoying when it happens.
Back to top Go down
Cghost
VIP
Cghost

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 2:59 am

Almost done my algebra assignment. Need help on 4 questions though, 2 of which he'll probably give hints on tomorrow and one of which I can do but will probably ask anyway because I don't want to do it with a calculator.
Back to top Go down
Cghost
VIP
Cghost

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 3:13 am

roughdraft_zero wrote:
So I'm coasting with minimal effort still, but I'm sure cghost would still mock me for putting in any effort at all and not getting at least an A.

I'd mock you for less than that, fanny pack.
Back to top Go down
Green_shoes

Green_shoes

Character sheet
Name: Kwee

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 4:12 am

X-pert74 wrote:
Green_shoes, that's too bad about your mom. Sometimes people in my family get pretty crazy as well. It's annoying when it happens.

We get over it pretty quickly but it pisses me off that much that I want to hit something as no matter what I say when she starts going off is the wrong answer. Even when I clearly point out that I've done nothing wrong she either accuses me of doing something that is completely false or she storms off and comes back later on when she thinks she has something worth yelling at me for.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 5:07 am

Cghost wrote:
roughdraft_zero wrote:
So I'm coasting with minimal effort still, but I'm sure cghost would still mock me for putting in any effort at all and not getting at least an A.

I'd mock you for less than that, fanny pack.

Laugh
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 6:01 am

I wish I had a bike to rock said fanny packs....

Interview tomorrow. Gotta print a copy of my resume...which means I have to make my resume. And there's no ink in my printer. I'll probably drive to school and use the writing center to print it out there. Also gotta like, iron clothes and shit. Haven't done that in a good four or five years I think.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 6:06 am

I had an interview last week. I ironed my clothes like a champ. My printer is running out of ink too but she already printed it out, plus mine still has black ink.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 5:29 pm

good luck with all these job opportunities, guys.

I'm just going to school. it's getting so old!!!!! all my classes have mandatory attendance right now which sucks.

choir's fun. the guy that stands next to me is always flirty and i'm just a tease, so that's mean. hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 6:34 pm

So... I may have an opportunity to get a higher paying job. I'd have essentially the same job, but I'd be working out of town for a corporation.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 8:45 pm

mo' money. mo' betta.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 8:50 pm

That's a plus. But then I couldn't sleep late. Or anything like that. I'd actually have to go to sleep early and get home later.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 9:33 pm

Move, keep looking for something else, or deal with it are probably your only options I'd guess. That sucks, though.

My interview went well enough. My tie looked like shit (haven't tied a tie in years) and I only showed up like two or three minutes early, which I don't like to do for an interview. It's a 3-interview process though, and I'm supposed to get a call next Monday to schedule the second one. Well, that is, if they want me to have one. The guy said that there are at least ten others somewhere along in the interview process, and twenty others applying. He didn't specify as to how many they were looking to hire, though. But I'd have to guess that it would be more than one, since he was telling me that the first year entails working at two or three different locations out of a possible dozen or so. Out of thirty applicants, I'd like my chances a lot more if they were hiring that possible dozen people.
Back to top Go down
Cghost
VIP
Cghost

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 1:17 am

lol I've somehow pissed off the billiards gods
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 1:39 am

I wanna play pool right now. It's too late though, nobody would be down to meet up.

Now I kinda wanna play poker as a substitute, but I've played twice in the last two weeks and won a combined $325, so I feel like I should lay off for a while. i'd love to play like a five-dollar nickel and dime game just with friends, but that just loops me back to the same situation as wanting to play pool.
Back to top Go down
Cghost
VIP
Cghost

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 4:05 am

95%+ on all of my exams except my PDE one, which should have been about 94 but I made a couple dipshit fuckups.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 9:28 am

genius!
i have a test in thirty minutes that i didn't study for. here goes nothing!
Back to top Go down
Cghost
VIP
Cghost

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 1:22 pm

power outage knocked out my alarm clock. Woke up at 9:50, not enough time to catch the bus so I miss Linear Programming today which is a piss off. Will probably miss stats too because it's a waste of time.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 1:59 pm

i'm trying to figure out when i want to graduate. december 2010 or may 2011? also, where do i want to go to grad school???
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:53 pm

Got the call today instead of next week for scheduling the second interview. Don't know if it's because I wowed the shit outta the guy or if all his other interviews were terrible, but either way, I'm just chalking it up as a good sign. Second interview tomorrow at 8:30. Went to Good Will and another thrift store and got five each of slacks/shirts/ties/jackets, then went to Kohl's and got some dress shoes. Spent like $100 total. Better get this god damn job.

Oh and I also got my psych test back today. Got an A on it, though, that's after the curve. But his curve only subtracted two out of fifty possible questions, so it was still a good grade either way...better than the C I had in the class, that's for sure. I might even have a borderline C+/B- now.
Back to top Go down
Cghost
VIP
Cghost

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 4:15 am

what kind of postition are you applying for that you need to go for multiple interviews?
Back to top Go down
Cghost
VIP
Cghost

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 4:16 am

As far as grad school goes, I don't know if I want to go or not. Though one of my profs has offered to show me some problems in his field of work that we can look at over the summer, so I'm kind of stoked for that.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 4:25 am

It's entry-level, though still salary, full time and management training.

That's not anything weird, though. I've interviewed for other jobs not half as good as this with three interviews before.
Back to top Go down
Cghost
VIP
Cghost

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 26 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 5:05 am

weird
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 26 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

~Academy Community Thread~
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next