The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo

Go down 
+9
Cghost21
tuggernuts
GROCERIES
Abnormal Freak
NightTimeMirror
IAmHeavenSent
jeffnogo
Loxx O)))
roughdraft_zero
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo Empty
PostSubject: It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo   It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 3:55 am

Not shampooing every day, small application sizes and never buying into the whole "rinse and repeat" nonsense they try to shill you ftw.

But now I have to buy more shampoo Sad
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo Empty
PostSubject: Re: It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo   It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 4:12 am

Shit goes real quick if you've got long hair...
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo   It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 4:16 am

I had longish hair for at least part of that time.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo   It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 4:26 am

I see. I only shampoo mine once every two days or so... I hate how puffy it is after it's first washed. So I at least want it to have some time to lay down and look nice. How long did yours get? I have no idea how long I'm letting mine get this time.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo   It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 4:37 am

My hair is down to the lower part of my back right now. I usually only shampoo it once ever 3 or 4 days, but I almost condition it every day.

I burn through a bottle of conditioner almost once ever 2 to maybe 3 weeks, but a bottle of shampoo lasts me a bit over a month, maybe almost even two.

EDIT: And I definitely don't buy the 99 cent shit, but I don't get the most expensive stuff around either. I'd never buy the nice but way overpriced stuff from a salon.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo   It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 5:03 am

It didn't get as long as it has gotten at other times in the past, but there were two separate periods where I let it go for six months or more, and at it's longest for either, my bangs probably reached my mouth, give or take, but not as far as my chin. So maybe...six inches?

And the poofyness is a large part of why I shampoo seldom. It's also a very big reason for why I wear hats or other headgear often, so as to mat it down.

The whole reason I know I had it for that long (it even made two moves with me; I was laughing pretty hard to myself when I was "packing" my three-quarters used bottle of dollar-shampoo lol) was because it was one of the first things I did when I came back from school. I fly back home having sold or thrown out or given away damn near all my possessions that weren't clothes, DVDs and CDs, and having no car and very little money, so my mom took me to Wal-Mart and bought me a bunch of the essentials.

And it was some Suave variation, by the way. So yeah, the cheap stuff. My philosophy behind that is, I'm definitely not buying these products for fashion or any other sensitive reason, but instead for the bare essential purpose of its existence: to make my hair clean. So I don't need any organic, nature-derived fancy stuff I figure. When it comes to the job of getting my hair and scalp clean, bring on the chemicals, I say.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy

PostSubject: Re: It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo   It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:54 pm

my hair is long, and I go through shampoo & conditioner pretty fast, it seems... at least, when i compare it to my roommate who also has long hair. i guess i use too much at a time? idk. i would say i can get a bottle of shampoo and conditioner to last approximately a month.--and i wash my hair approximately every other day.
Back to top Go down
NightTimeMirror

NightTimeMirror

Title : you know what time it is

PostSubject: Re: It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo   It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 5:57 pm

I have prettier hair than all you chunners.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo   It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 5:57 pm

Pics or it didn't happen.
Back to top Go down
NightTimeMirror

NightTimeMirror

Title : you know what time it is

PostSubject: Re: It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo   It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 6:31 pm

You just want fap material you sicko.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo   It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 6:37 pm

I already can't remember who NightTimeAsslicker is. Beerios? You nigs shoulda kept yer recognizable names.

Not shampooing every day seems pretty odd to me. Do you just wash it with water? If I don't wash ma hair with shampooz every day, it gets real greasy and gross.

Although my dad just uses ivory soap for everything, including his hair. He may be on to something.
Back to top Go down
GROCERIES

GROCERIES

Title : sux

PostSubject: Re: It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo   It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 6:51 pm

NightTimeMirror wrote:
I have prettier hair than all you chunners.

Abz and I begs to differs.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo   It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 7:00 pm

Abnormal Freak wrote:
Not shampooing every day seems pretty odd to me. Do you just wash it with water?
noop. In fact, I even avoid getting it wet.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo   It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Yeah, makes it look worse/greasier if you do get it wet.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo   It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 7:49 pm

I could make that bottle of shampoo last forever.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo   It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 7:55 pm

I go through conditioner at about twice the pace that I do shampoo.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo   It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 9:25 pm

roughdraft_zero wrote:
Abnormal Freak wrote:
Not shampooing every day seems pretty odd to me. Do you just wash it with water?
noop. In fact, I even avoid getting it wet.

Loxx O))) wrote:
Yeah, makes it look worse/greasier if you do get it wet.

See naow, that's just fucking gross. Maybe your dudes' hair doesn't get as greasy as mine in one day, but if I go just one day without warshing, it looks and feels horrible. I look like some pervert with poor hygiene.

Shampoo that shit daily, ya buncha greasy moe foes. Use conditioner if yer namby-pambies worrying about it getting too dry or whatever.
Back to top Go down
IAmHeavenSent

IAmHeavenSent

Character sheet
Name: Cuddy

PostSubject: Re: It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo   It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 10:12 pm

Cghost21 wrote:
I go through conditioner at about twice the pace that I do shampoo.

conditioner always runs out faster for me, too... it's annoying.

and some people's hair fair better (don't get as greasy as fast) over time. I have some friends who have to wash their hair every day... however, mine is fine the day after a shower. ..... people with straighter hair tend to have more problem with oil than people with curly hair, i've noticed.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo   It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 10:37 pm

Shaving cream takes even longer than shampoo.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo   It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 10:44 pm

I go through a can of shaving cream in about 2 months. =/
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo   It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:12 pm

I don't shave.

My hair only gets noticeably greasy if I don't wash it for 3-4 days.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo   It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:07 am

Yeah, my cans of shaving cream rust over before they actually run out lol
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo   It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:42 am

I had a can of shaving cream explode in the shower when I wasn't there once.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo   It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 8:34 pm

I recently made the switch from Head and Shoulders to Aveeno Nourish + Moisturize shampoo. Reason being I think the head and shoulders has been affecting my face for years, giving me a red rash thingy on it. After enough people asked, "what's wrong with your face" and me not having an explanation I decided to figure it out myself (I've been to the doctor and to get a facial and those didn't help).

I stopped putting products on my face, like facial cleansers, then switched the shampoo and the redness is gone. Shampoos can affect the face when the chemicals are absorbed through the scalp I guess. Aveeno has less chemicals. Though if I really wanted to be hardcore I could switch to one with even less chemicals.

There's a site [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you can check out all the allergy and chemical information about all the products you use. See how yours stack up.

The site also made me switch off of chap stick but that's for another topic. Tongue
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo   It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 9:15 pm

I've never once in my life used chap stick.

Is Aveeno sposeda be made specifically for black people? Tongue

Your rash story brings up a similar situation of my own...when I was a teenager, I got your average teenager pimples. I never did anything about it but pop them though. No cleansers or meds or any of that stuff. By the time I was 18ish, they more or less stopped altogether aside from the occasional appearance of a single small whitehead or something. For some reason, when I hit my twenties, I decided that washing my face everyday with face cleanser was a good idea, even though I didn't have anything close to either an acne or greasy pizza-face problem. Ever since? Not really more pimples, but always incredibly dried out flaky skin, including something that I didn't even know existed: eyebrow dandruff. WTF!? I basically deduced that the Neutrogena had to be the problem, so I tried switching brands and formulas, including ones that were supposed to be moisturizing, and then just cutting out facial cleansers altogether, but the dry skin still remains.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo   It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It took me two and a half years to go through a 98-cent, 15-oz bottle of shampoo
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next