The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What video games are you guys playing nowadays?

Go down 
+18
khemchee
Clinton70
Electroretard
X-pert74
Shrike
Ancient Rune
tuggernuts
Green_shoes
IAmHeavenSent
jeffnogo
possybending
jthefrank
GROCERIES
Abnormal Freak
Hollow_Viscus
After_The_Barrel_Roll
Loxx O)))
RespawnedDemon
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
jthefrank

jthefrank

What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 1:57 pm

Because I do enjoy it. I had a great time playing through Two Worlds with no volume. I look forward to the next one. And I like that I got the gist of the entire Children of the Corn and Hellraiser series, so that when they come up I can agree that, yes, they are really shitty. Except for the scene where the camcorder-head cenobite jabbed the lens through the guys face, which was retarded and funny. Or that "wow, that was Adam Scott, he must be really ashamed of this role". Or wow, "Craig Scheffer has really fallen far and this stupid plot probably inspired the Saw writers, which is pretty sad." Or that by the end of the game I was powerful enough that I could devote 75% of my attention to a movie without worrying about dying

Plus if I am at the office all day, then work out, then the girlfriend wants to make dinner, and then watch The Office, I really don't have much time to watch movies or play games. This lets me scratch both itches.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 2:17 pm

If it comes up in conversation? Who the hell actually is trying to talk to you about Children of the Corn? And if they start talking, and you instead had to say, "Haven't seen 'em," and then were told, "They suck. Only waste your time if you like to waste your time," why not just understand that?

The only way I really find it acceptable is with something you've seen at least once before, preferably more. Like, when I'm eating dinner at home alone or with just another person or two, I like to eat with something playing in the background to be just that, background. But between having my face buried in my plate or talking with friends, I know I don't want to put on the newest arthouse flick that nobody's seen. I'm putting on Curb Your Enthusiasm, or Arrested Development, or Seinfeld, or Futurama, or something else that everybody both enjoys AND has already seen fifty plus times.

When it's a night with people over and people want to make their own rock or hip-hop soundtrack to have on while playing Smash Bros, cool. When it's poker night and everybody thinks Shaun of the Dead is great and would make a good thing to have on in the background, cool. When everybody just wants to get wasted, so why not put Home Alone on and maybe even make a drinking game to go along with it (everytime Joe Pesci says, "Frijid-frara-fracka" and everytime Kevin does something cutely adult), cool. But trying to actually equally balance your attention between two first-time experiences? That's fucking insane.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 2:45 pm

I think it's insane to care this much about other people's habits...

For example, Smash Bros. = gay as fuck, but people like to play it so let them play it
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 3:30 pm

I can sometimes be a bad multi-tasker, but I much more lean towards roughdraft on this one, even though I don't actually get annoyed by people doing anything differently.

For me, I do a lot of work, and sometimes my work is mindless number crunching and rearranging. I usually enjoy to have something on in the background while I do that, and I usually work much faster because it causes me to not get bored and so I don't get easily distracted by the internet or something else that would take my full attention away from work. However, I haven't always followed this rule, but I usually make it a rule that it can't be something I've never seen at least once before.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 3:38 pm

Yeah I can't truly pay attention to something unless I'm devoting my full attention to it. I was playing a game and trying to watch this episode of Fraiser but had to watch it twice because I wasn't really paying attention either time. Tongue
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 3:44 pm

Fuck, if I'm watching a show and I get a text message, one that I expect to know the subject and sender and that I don't even plan on giving the brain power to reply to but only quickly read, I STILL pause what I'm watching. If I don't I have to rewind it, not so much for missing the "gist" of it, but for there being a lapse in connectivity and a continuous visual. I feel like I'm betraying both the content I'm investing my time in as well as myself.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 4:34 pm

I don't really get multitasking when it comes to entertainment. If I'm too busy to watch something, I just get really anxious to watch it for a few days, lol. Then when I finally can it's a wonderful payoff. I pretty much need my attention on something the full time, unless it's a kind of silly horror movie I've seen before or is a complete pile of shit that my friends and I just end up talking and laughing about so that we don't become incredibly bored (I'm lookin' at you, Rock'n'Roll Nightmare).
Back to top Go down
Shrike

Shrike

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 5:06 am

Hollow_Viscus wrote:
Bioshock Infinite is amazing!

Would have been even better if AR hadn't spoiled it for me. In case you missed it, avoid page 38 like the plague.

AR, thanks for shitting on something I've looked forward to since 2010. Hilariously clever.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 7:04 am

I must have missed it.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

Shrike

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 7:13 am

Sweet, I think you're going to have a blast if you liked the beginning. The final chapters intense as fuck.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 10:06 pm

I beat X-COM: Terror From The Deep on Experienced (the 2nd out of 5 difficulties)! It was a very challenging game, and unfortunately glitchy (even in comparison to the first X-COM), but I enjoyed it. I want to get into Apocalypse, but I suppose I should finish up XCOM: Enemy Unknown first :p
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 6:27 am

New Thief game doesn't have Stephen Russell. Fuuuuuucking 'ell.

It also looks kinda like an uninspired Ass Creed wannabe.
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 11:46 am

missed this but TWO WORLDS IS THE SHITTIEST GAME THIS GENERATION, its up there with Final Fantasy XIII level of fucking suck
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 2:47 pm

I played a little of the first Two Worlds on the 360, and enjoyed it in kind of a "so bad it's good" way. I didn't stick with it though.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 3:24 pm

Yeah, they're definitely games that people seem to either like or really hate. Clunky clones of the already clunky Elder Scrolls games. The voice acting is supposed to be terrible but I play it muted.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 3:26 pm

The second one is supposed to be way better.

I only played the demo of the first one and boy was it weak.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 5:40 pm

I loved the voice acting because it was so ridiculous. I think of it like the video game equivalent of a B fantasy movie.

*resurrects* IM ALAIHV AGEHN
Back to top Go down
Ancient Rune

Ancient Rune

Title : Trolling Dick

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 9:35 pm

nothing is worse in the voice acting era than Chaos Wars

and the epitome of voice acting shit
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 1:24 am

That's not that bad.

House of the Dead is some bad shit though.

Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 3:33 am

I just beat Bioshock Infinite on Normal. I don't really have anything to say about it. It's a good game, but I need to gather my thoughts before I can really give an opinion on it.

EDIT:
Shrike wrote:
Would have been even better if AR hadn't spoiled it for me. In case you missed it, avoid page 38 like the plague.

AR, thanks for shitting on something I've looked forward to since 2010. Hilariously clever.

I completely missed that. What a fucking shitty thing to do.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 3:54 am

everyone keeps saying bioshock infinite is so great. I really liked the first one, never played system shock (but I will buy it on gog eventually), and I only rented 2. I am sure 2 was a short game, but for whatever reason I played maybe 5 hours of it and stopped. It seriously feels like Infinite's release came out of nowhere. I remember way before a release date was even announced they had like a 5-10 min gameplay video and then it felt like they didnt put any new info out on the game for like half a year and now it's out. Am I the only one who feels this way?
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 7:36 am

I think they were being very secretive about the content of the game.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 8:44 am

I didn't know about the gameplay video until after I beat it, and I went back to see it. I heard a lot leading up to its release on r/games though, and my sister also talked a lot about it since she loved the first Bioshock. I thought the first Bioshock was just okay, but I really like Infinite. I've read a bunch of stuff analyzing its story, and it's helping me come to terms with it.
Back to top Go down
Shrike

Shrike

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 10:41 am

For me, I was well aware of the hype. But they did have a period of silence between last E3 and just a few months before release when they started showing commercials and stuff. The weeks leading up to the release had TONS of PR wherever I looked.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 12:32 pm

I went back and played Bioshock again a while back. I still don't get why it's so good.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 39 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What video games are you guys playing nowadays?
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next