The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What video games are you guys playing nowadays?

Go down 
+18
khemchee
Clinton70
Electroretard
X-pert74
Shrike
Ancient Rune
tuggernuts
Green_shoes
IAmHeavenSent
jeffnogo
possybending
jthefrank
GROCERIES
Abnormal Freak
Hollow_Viscus
After_The_Barrel_Roll
Loxx O)))
RespawnedDemon
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 3:59 pm

Yes I wasn't a huge fan of Bioshock so I wasn't really hyped for Infinite, but Infinite is way better. Probably because I had low expectations I didn't expect much but it really blew me away. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 5:15 pm

The first BioShock is awesome, so I'll take your fagses' opinions to mean that Infinite isn't very good.

Fuck both it and Thief 4 for only using Stephen Russell as a preliminary VA.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 5:26 pm

Bioshock 1 is one of my favorite games ever, you guys are retards.

Infinite is also awesome, but the gameplay isn't as tight as 1. Sure, the rail combat shit is badass, but I hate only being able to carry two guns at a time.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 5:39 pm

Maybe part of it was I played the first Bioshock on the 360 while I played Infinite on PC, but the combat felt much better to me in Infinite. I did have to assign melee to one of the extra mouse buttons though; having it be on the keyboard was way too awkward for me in the beginning. Aside from the combat though, I also liked the story a lot more in Infinite than in the first Bioshock. I never really cared about anything in the first game, but I was more involved in Infinite's story.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 6:04 pm

Bioshock 1 still has the best plot twist in any video game ever. Hell, I'd argue that it's one of the better twists in any medium.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 7:56 pm

Yeah. The twist was so awesome I had to go look it up on wikipedia to remember what it was.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 9:52 pm

Electroretard wrote:
Bioshock 1 still has the best plot twist in any video game ever. Hell, I'd argue that it's one of the better twists in any medium.

Fuck that; Silent Hill 2 wins.

But f'realzies, BioShock is so good, not just the gameplay and environments but the story as well. I'd have preferred reading text to continue the story over the DOOM 3 ripoff found recordings, though. Ken Levine did such a cool job with the premise and concepts of Thief: The Dark Project and I was sad to see him stray from some of that considering what a masterpiece of immersion it is, but BioShock still did much to draw me in.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 1:24 am

There are other twists I prefer over Bioshock's, like the ones in games like Deadly Premonition or Spec Ops: The Line. Even despite the fact I managed to avoid having Bioshock spoiled for me before I played it, I just didn't really care about the story, before or after the twist.

Loxx O))) wrote:
Yeah. The twist was so awesome I had to go look it up on wikipedia to remember what it was.

X-pert74 likes this.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 1:50 am

dude I don't know how you guys like Deadly Premonition. It's so bad haha
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:27 am

Have you beaten Deadly Premonition?
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:38 am

I played it for like an hour and couldn't stand the controls. Games have to be fun to me. The story can't carry it on its own.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:59 am

Ni no Kuni just went down to $40 on Amazon. Tempting, but I think I'd be better off jerking off onto a couple twenty dollar bills instead judging by the YouTube playthroughs.
Back to top Go down
X-pert74
Kate-chan
X-pert74

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 4:16 am

The controls are somewhat clunky in Deadly Premonition, but I didn't find it unplayable. I actually liked certain aspects of its controls, such as being able to move while doing melee.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 11:33 am

Trying to think of some other good ones

Knights of the Old Republic
FEAR 2
Silent Hill 2

Oh, and I beat Shining Force for iOS. Phantasy Star II is up next
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 11:38 am

Yeah... KotOR was a better twist.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 40 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 12:17 pm

Yeah the KotOR was an amazing storyline/twist. Probably my favorite storyline/twist to this day is the one from Planescape: Torment. It's unfortunate how few people played that game, but considering that the few people that did play it will never forget it, it still comes up here and there in video game discussions.

EDIT: Holy shit, I just found out that there is going to be a "spiritual successor" to Planescape: Torment. "The game was successfully crowd-funded through Kickstarter in the first six hours of the 30 day project's launch, March 6, 2013. Torment: Tides of Numenera surpassed Project Eternity as the most funded videogame Kickstarter with a total of $4,188,927 pledged by 74,405 backers. The release date was initially set to December 2014 but later shifted to 2015." And nice, they're making an OS X edition. I'm set.

-------

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 40 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What video games are you guys playing nowadays?
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40