The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

~Academy Community Thread~

Go down 
+12
Possyishero
khemchee
Electroretard
After_The_Barrel_Roll
Clinton70
RespawnedDemon
Hollow_Viscus
Cghost21
Abnormal Freak
jthefrank
roughdraft_zero
jeffnogo
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 2:39 pm

My wife's family recently moved into a new house and there is a second floor with a single but fairly large room that they turned into our room for whenever we stay, but the height of the ceiling is just shy of 6 feet.  So, since most Chlieans are a bit under 6 feet it's not a problem for them, but it definitely is for me.  So, not quite 4-5 feet, but I still had to slightly kink my neck every time I was in that damn room.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 5:35 pm

Our counter offer was accepted. We are now very close to owning the Being John Malkovich house :O :O :O

No-one in real life knows that, so don't say anything on Facebook Abs (not that I have idea why you would)
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 6:34 pm

Sheeit, I'm gonna post about it right now and tag you.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 2:01 am

I'm gay for this man.

Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 7:36 am

Oh, my giddy aunt. I gotta start selling and organizing more things pronto before my place ends up like this.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 6:07 pm

Fuck, took a short drive to DC recently, for something we realized we didn't even have to do, but I just got a letter in the mail saying I was going 46 in a 35 there and it has pictures of my car. I've never actually received one of these damn things, and I couldn't think of a legitimate enough reason to get out of it. I guess it was surprisingly not that expensive at 100 dollars. I've seen much worse fines for comparable speeds in other parts of the US.

Anyone else receive one of these things?
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 8:15 pm

Some bird shit in Ashley Young's mouth during a game a few weeks ago.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 11:04 pm

who?
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 12:59 am

He's a midfielder for Manchester United
Back to top Go down
Clinton70

Clinton70

Title : Notorious Clintorious

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 11:04 pm

Howdy guys.  Whats going on?  Listening to some jams.  Drinking hot brandy and tea, under the weather.  i know i ain't been on here much but moreso on facebooks, catch me on there if ya have one. Been an interesting summer. Anxiety panic attacks off and on since Apr.

Also, FROST POST.  Anyone hear from som lately, is he alive?

edit 2: i see its slow here. where is everyone these days? I'm mostly on the facebook. Hollar.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 11:17 pm

Hey man. Yeah, it's a little slow here these days.

I don't really use facebook much anymore, and I even went as far to close but not delete my account yesterday. Too much drama (I can't believe I just used that phrase) and I have too much work to worry about shit like that right now.
Back to top Go down
Clinton70

Clinton70

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 9:03 am

I understand that. There is drama on there sometimes. never involves me but fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 4:31 pm

I've seen Som make a couple of posts at d1p.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 7:47 pm

Miss that icon. You should have every frost post.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 4:33 pm

Got a pup a while ago. Movin into a house with a yard (sadly no garage though, it was converted into an extra bedroom). Gonna have to get a car again cuz I'll be five miles from work instead of eight blocks. Yay for bills.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 1:35 pm

12 weeks into joining Loxx and Clinton in fatherhood
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 2:52 pm

What do you do for a living, Frank? You seem to always have a lot of disposable income so I'm more curious than anything else.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 3:34 pm

Well, sometimes I stretch the definition of disposable. And I had no debts which was nice (I was in and out of school in 4 years with a minimum number of loans needed). And I try to get real creative with acquiring this stuff (I do a decent number of thrift store visits, and then re-sell what I can find, Amazon points on all purchases, cash back on all join purchases, etc.)

To answer your question though, software developer. And there will be no disposable income soon enough, which isn't a big deal. I have more than a lifetime's worth of fun stuff.

Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 4:23 pm

Cumgrabz on the kid.

There's a sense that my girl and I could possibly get married (it's been talked about briefly). I've been trying to clear house by selling off things I'm not mad about owning, so I can clear clutter (less to move if we get hitched and get a place) and get some money back, and also curtail spending more. I brought a bunch of CDs to a music store and got $200, way more than I expected, so the feeling of "Sell all this crap now" is fervent on the brain. I'm even considering selling all but only my absolute favorite CDs.

Digging through comics and comic collections now to ditch all but my most favorite stuff. After that I'll start getting more serious about selling movies and probably games.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Character sheet
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 4:36 pm

jthefrank wrote:
Well, sometimes I stretch the definition of disposable.  And I had no debts which was nice (I was in and out of school in 4 years with a minimum number of loans needed).  And I try to get real creative with acquiring this stuff (I do a decent number of thrift store visits, and then re-sell what I can find, Amazon points on all purchases, cash back on all join purchases, etc.)

To answer your question though, software developer.  And there will be no disposable income soon enough, which isn't a big deal.  I have more than a lifetime's worth of fun stuff.

He also lives in Montana and I'm sure the cost of living is dirt cheap. Tongue
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 4:41 pm

Normally, yes.  Not in Bozeman though.

(not sure how authentic these numbers are)

Cost of Living Indexes Bozeman
Overall 116.6
Food 111.6
Housing 145.8
Utilities 91.5
Transportation 93.6
Health 98.7
Miscellaneous 107.4
100=national average

So, it's not San Francisco, but it's not Alabama either.  And housing is crazy.

(here are my vague ideas of where you all live)
Housing:
Spokane - 77
Lake City - 92
San Diego - 277(!)
San Francisco - 514(!!)
Jackson - 55
Dayton - 26

Last edited by jthefrank on Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 4:45 pm

I wouldn't mind living in Montana or Washington because holy shit, mountains. The skyline is so plain here.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 8:21 pm

Yeah, when I drove through Bozeman a year ago, the mountains in the area were fucking amazing. It's a nice area.

Looking at Baltimore on those cost of living things shows that it isn't that bad overall, but that's because it's an average and there are a lot of dirt cheap places here in all of the places you don't want to be. It's pretty expensive in the nice places, but still not quite typical California levels.
Back to top Go down
Clinton70

Clinton70

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 11:27 pm

Congrats.

I was just in Bozeman in June/July. I did drive through MN and the sky is a little bit plainer there. Razz

I didn't know Loxx had a kid..
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 12:36 pm

Yeah it was during your absence. She's 5 months right now. My computer died on me so I've been checking here less. Might get it fixed in the next few weeks.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~Academy Community Thread~   ~Academy Community Thread~ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

~Academy Community Thread~
Page 2 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next