The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What video games are you guys playing nowadays?

Go down 
+8
Cghost21
Loxx O)))
jeffnogo
jthefrank
Abnormal Freak
Hollow_Viscus
After_The_Barrel_Roll
Possyishero
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2015 11:48 pm

I don't really think Batman is that difficult until the climb to Joker. That's the biggest pain in the ass of the whole game. Return of the Joker is much more difficult, in my opinion. Not sure if I ever beat it. And I always stop at the third level of Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts. Not out of frustration but I generally get burned out by then learning patterns.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 2:50 pm

Hollow_Viscus wrote:
Abnormal Freak wrote:
PS4 bundles suck, just get one and a 2TB drive to install yourself because those 500 gigs will disappear quickly. Wish I'd done that right away so I didn't have to redownload everything.

You can back it up to external storage, it's like a mass backup option.

Yeah, I just didn't have an external drive handy that was in FAT format.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 10:25 pm

Darkest Dungeon. Picked it up over the steam sale and I'm enjoying it as much as I thought I would. It requires quite a bit of a time sink so I will for sure still have a lotta shit left to do once the game officially launches and goes out of Early Access later in the month. For anyone that isn't familiar with it, it's a Lovecraftian inspired turn based western RPG with roguelike elements. Sanity system of sorts, very punishing, very important to figure out things that do and don't work, has plenty of secrets you have to find out on your own or be taught by more knowledgeable players. It is the first game to legitimately stress me out over the difficulty of decision making. Highly recommended to RPG fans
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 6:00 am

Beat Contra tonight. No code or continues. Dope. First time I've done that. Last stage is super easy. That winter stage is a fucking bitch though.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 6:40 pm

Beating Contra a few years ago was a great feeling. Only pussies use the Konami code.

I beat Devil's Third last night. Gets a bad rap but I really enjoyed that game. Kind of a Gears of War style third-person shooter where you can aim in first-person and being from the guy that did the Xbox Ninja Gaiden games, there's a lot of melee and wall-running. Super badass, didn't care that it looked like a game from ten years ago.
Back to top Go down
Hollow_Viscus
VIP
Hollow_Viscus

Title : Blüge

Character sheet
Name: Vitochka Marianenko
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 9:11 pm

I watched the giant bomb quick look of it and it looked pretty awful. The mutiplayer mode looked the most interesting thing about it.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 10:32 pm

Well speaking of old school stuff, I beat Dracula X for SNES and Sunset Riders, and Wild Guns on medium. I'm on a roll
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 4:39 am

I don't know who finds this sonic shit easy. Between sonic controlling like everything is an ice level, the game running way too fast, and shit popping literally out of nowhere and hitting you, I struggle like crazy just to get to the last levels. I got to the final boss in sonic 2 for the first time tonight with 2 lives and no continues, and at one point I had 10 plus 4 continues. Maybe the xbox ports aren't being emulated properly but holy fuck, for a game people say is so god damn easy to beat I can't do anything. I find ghouls and ghosts and contra easier than this.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 12:16 pm

I never could beat Sonic 2 either.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2016 2:00 am

My thoughts on the games I've played recently:

Last of Us- super super overrated, but good
Uncharted 1, 2- fun time, gonna play 3 soon
Destiny- people shit on it, but I dig it a lot
Hotline Miami- pretty sweet, still in the middle of it

My parents bought me Until Dawn and are sending it to me. I should have it tomorrow. Really psyched to try it out.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 9:15 am

jeffnogo wrote:
I never could beat Sonic 2 either.

I actually pulled out my old genesis and played both sonic 2 and sonic 1 tonight and beat them both. They seem to run waaaay better than the xbla ports do. There is certainly some cheap ass shit at the end of sonic 2 though. Those fucking seahorses popping out of nowhere shooting you immediately are annoying as shit.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 4:01 am

I've been playing through NES games every night... tonight I really explored Dragon Spirit some more and it's awesome(which I already knew). And Xenoblade Chronicles X... which is one of the best RPGs I've played in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 5:11 am

Be sure to download the data packs for XCX if you have the space (10GB). Puts less stress on the optical disc drive and decreases pop-in.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 3:48 pm

I've beat like a million SNES games recently, including Smash TV last night
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 5:07 pm

I beat Earthworm Jim on snes last night. Decidedly easier than the Genesis version, but it controls way better.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 5:57 pm

Undertale is indeed a pretty cute and funny experience that I'd recommend people check out. DL the demo at the very least and give some of the music a listen. Well worth whatever I paid for it
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 12:42 am

I think my WiiU hard drive might be close to full, I know I have a few full games digitally on there. I haven't had too much problem with pop-in, though I guess it would help spotting the points to put down the spikes or whatever. I can check on that later.

I'm pretty surprised by how much I'm enjoying it. I got it Saturday, I think, and I've put 21 hours into it. I guess it's nice the gamepad dies every few hours so I take a break from it. And the charger has to be up out of reach so my daughter can't get to it so I can't continue playing. Really fun game.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 1:14 am

It says it requires over 15gbs so I had to delete a few things, but the download itself is only 10gb, oh well. I've got it downloading right now when the gamepad is charging and I'll see how big of a difference it makes. I did think the load times were a bit annoying.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 10:30 pm

Playing the HD rerelease of the Gamecube Resident Evil remake on PS4. I forgot how much I loved this game.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 10:28 pm

Started The Witness last night. Rewarding yet very frustrating at the same time. I'm having fun with it though.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 12:50 am

BUT HOW WAS BATTLEFRONT
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 1:37 am

Battlefront wasn't that bad. Sure it was a shallow shooter, but it captured the essence of Star Wars so well that I was able to ignore that.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 1:38 am

I was playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma when I hit an optional trial room where you have to take down a ton of enemies and I got frustrated after a few tries and haven't gone back.
Back to top Go down
Electroretard

Electroretard

Title : post-post

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 2:38 pm

Battlefront is fun as fuck and people who don't like it are bandwagon fuckface idiots
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 1:15 am

Battlefront is fun, but after a week or two of Xenoblade Chronicles X I've put almost as much time into that as I did in two months with Battlefront. It's a nifty shooter and the Star Wars skin is awesome, but god damn... it should have been more. I still love it, but I hope Battlefront II is way more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What video games are you guys playing nowadays?
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next