The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What video games are you guys playing nowadays?

Go down 
+8
Cghost21
Loxx O)))
jeffnogo
jthefrank
Abnormal Freak
Hollow_Viscus
After_The_Barrel_Roll
Possyishero
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

Title : J-Silky Smooth

What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2016 2:49 pm

Oh I forgot to mention here that I made it through a playthrough of Until Dawn. It was fun, and I'll eventually go back through it. I found the sections where you have to keep the controller still frustrating though. I would be motionless at times yet the game thought I was moving so something shitty would happen. That's really my only complaint about the experience though. Story was solid enough to keep me interested and wanting to go back.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 4:37 pm

For the NES contest, I beat Double Dragon with a score of 23,000 and change (it was progress + low score), and put up 548,000 in Ghosts n Goblins.  Got to the point where I can nearly 1CC the game too.  Pretty proud of both of those considering I had never really played either before.
Back to top Go down
jthefrank

jthefrank

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 4:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Damn, there are just too many games on the 3DS to keep up with
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 1:29 am

I've been playing the new Star Fox. It's pretty hard. And the controls take a while to get used to. I hate the forced motion controls in games.
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 6:15 pm

Been playing various things lately. Currently, I'm trying to get through the Gears of War series (beat Ultimate Edition of the first Friday), working on Cuphead, and I'm a few hours into Xenoblade Chronicles 2. So far, I'm digging it.

Need to take out a few SNES games for ole Frank in the next couple days.
Back to top Go down
Iangorge
VIP
Iangorge

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 4:05 am

GTAV online, Fallout 4, Arma 3, and a little Dead By Daylight on the side.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 8:41 pm

I just got Darkest Dungeon on my Switch and am pretty obsessed with that. I'm also in the middle of Yakuza 0. I beat Night in the Woods a few weeks ago too.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2018 1:57 pm

Making my way through Mega Man Legacy Collection on Switch. Already beaten 1, 2, 3, 4, and 10. Now I'm wading through the shit.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 12:57 am

Beat Resident Evil 2 remake tonight. Enjoyed it a lot, actually. Now I need to finish that piece of shit that is Kingdom Hearts 3.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2019 11:29 pm

Yeah I need to finish KH too. I just got DMC5 and am enjoying it. Also playing through the Steins;gate series.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 3:07 pm

Still haven't beaten Kingdom Hearts 3. Man, it sucks.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 9:02 pm

It really does suck. But I don't want it to suck. So I pretend really hard that I'm enjoying it. And that makes it a little better, I think.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 3:11 pm

Have you played Sekiro? It's pretty fun. I was a big fan of Tenchu so this is nice.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 5:27 pm

I'm in the middle of a lot of games and Sekiro seems kind of daunting, so I'm gonna wait to try it out. I'm not that excited for it though. It looks a lot like Nioh, which I like a lot but am not sure I want more of right now, and from what I understand, a lot of the combat is based on parrying, which is a turn off for me. I do think the stealth mechanics seem cool though.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 8:22 pm

To be clear, it is nothing like the Souls games. Nioh was like a Souls game influenced by Tenchu, Sekiro is purely based on Tenchu as it started as that.

The game, for the most part, is very easy. The difficulty comes from boss type characters. Most everyone else will go down in one hit if you're good with planning and stealth. It's all about surveying the area unseen, learning the patterns and routes of enemies, and then attacking accordingly. Once you have an area down, you're pretty much done. You shouldn't have an issue again unless you forget.

Guess one thing to warn you about is that there is no leveling up. If you can't beat a boss, you need to buy the appropriate combat skills or find the 'upgrade' necessary. Or... just get better.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 10:05 pm

Yeah but I still hear that death happens a lot, and I'm not in the mood for that right now. Plus when I do get in the mood, I wanna finish Dark Souls: Remastered first. I'll definitely try Sekiro eventually though.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 11:07 pm

Oh, yeah, you'll die a lot. But, personally, I've had way more fun with this than any Souls game. Not trying to push you or anything. I'm just really digging this. So far even when it gets hard I've got a smile on my face and thinking 'Alright, one more time'

I'm having fun dying.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2019 12:51 pm

I hate comparing this game to Souls because they're just not the same but I will add this. Everytime I play Sekiro I make progress. In Souls you have the illusion of progress by grinding but here I'm getting a new item, upgrade, or skill. I'm beating a sub boss, main boss, or discovering a new area. Even if it gets hard I feel accomplished because there is something to point to and say despite all that bullshit, I did something.

Great game. Almost passed on it but so glad I didnt.
Back to top Go down
Abnormal Freak
VIP
Abnormal Freak

Title : hoardin' up

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2019 4:06 am

Been burning through the Yakuza games, currently on 5 so I only have one more to go (of the mainline series). Then the spinoff Judgment comes out this summer, and I have the Fist of the North Star spinoff to finish. Really love this series, might be my second favorite after Castlevania. It's crazy how good and dramatic the stories are, but then you get these outrageous side-quests with panty snatchers, baby fetishists, and all sorts of goodness.
Back to top Go down
RespawnedDemon

RespawnedDemon

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2019 11:34 pm

I'm in the middle of 428 Shibuya Scramble. Man, that game is cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What video games are you guys playing nowadays?   What video games are you guys playing nowadays? - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What video games are you guys playing nowadays?
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12