The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Welcome to the Dark Academy.
The Dark Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The9thCircle.boards.net

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today

Go down 
+10
Cghost21
Clinton70
Electroretard
seepia.
Hollow_Viscus
tuggernuts
After_The_Barrel_Roll
RespawnedDemon
jeffnogo
roughdraft_zero
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GROCERIES

GROCERIES

Title : sux

So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today   So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 4:12 pm

Jimmy John's > Subway
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today   So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 4:34 pm

Jimmy John's is alright, but they're definitely the most overrated sandwich place I've ever been to. Way too much bread and not a whole lot of anything else. At least the bread is good, but it isn't that good.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today   So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 9:02 pm

^^^Agreed. Subway is better.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today   So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 9:42 pm

I want some Subway... my mouth is fucked up, though. The dentist pulled a baby tooth. I still have a hole in my gums. Fuuuu..
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today   So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 11:35 pm

baby tooth lolforrealz?

I hate Subway, by the way. I think it sucks, and as far as them using better ingredients, literally everything they use to make the sandwiches is processed sans the vegetables. I honestly don't like deli sandwiches or cold cuts much at all in the first place, but other sandwich chains are better. Never been to or seen a Jimmy John's (though I have heard their praise on the internet), but Firehouse, Beach Hut Deli, Quiznos, Blimpie, Port of Subs, TOGO'S and Mr. Pickles are all better. Subway's for little kids and fat white people that think they're eating healthy.
Back to top Go down
Loxx O)))

Loxx O)))

Character sheet
Name: Loxxikus
Experience Points: 25/100

PostSubject: Re: So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today   So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 11:49 pm

Yeah, I wasn't born with another tooth underneath it... They always said they'd let it stay there as long as it was okay. Recently, it got cracked. So, eh...
Back to top Go down
http://lanceoflonginus.bandcamp.com
Cghost21

Cghost21

Title : Hookers and blow

PostSubject: Re: So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today   So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 1:29 am

Quiznos better than subway? lol yeah if you like shitty dried out bread and no choice on how to build your sandwich.

I've never heard of any of these chains though. I doubt the quality is really that much better, especially if it's a chain.
Back to top Go down
roughdraft_zero

roughdraft_zero

PostSubject: Re: So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today   So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 1:40 am

I'm not saying Quiznos is good at all, but yes, better than Subway. Though only just barely, I think. If I were to rank them I'm pretty sure those would be the bottom two. And that's part of my point...larger chains like those often share many of the same practices and even exact suppliers for their ingredients. Subway being just about the cheapest among them would likely indicate the poorest of an already not that good quality standard. But really, I'm just going off how much I think their food tastes like shit, and the poor quality comes through in the taste.

I also already expressed my general distaste and apathy for subs/cold cuts, but real delicatessens can be pretty good. Living on the west coast and in the suburbs means that they are few and far between, however. But when I go to Southern California or the Bay Area, they are more plentiful and definitely of a much higher quality. But even then, 99 times out of 100 I'd rather have a burger or a burrito.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today   So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 3:03 am

you must have eaten at some incredibly shitty subways. Every Quiznos I've been to does the exact same thing, dries the hell out of the bread and no choice of what you want on the sandwich. No choice and dry bread < build your own and fresh bread.

Don't know if I've met many people that don't like cold cuts though. I don't like some of them (that pressed turkey or chicken loaf shit is awful) but other stuff is usually pretty good.
Back to top Go down
jeffnogo

jeffnogo

Title : Galder

PostSubject: Re: So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today   So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 10:03 am

Quiznos is awesome, and while they may not have nearly as much choice, what they do is what I like. I've never had a problem with their bread, though, and it's toasted, not dry.

Also, of course you can say Subway still doesn't have high quality ingredients, because they don't. However, I only said compared to what they used to have, which was pretty shitty, they are now much better.
Back to top Go down
Cghost21

Cghost21

PostSubject: Re: So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today   So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 10:59 am

They toast it to the point of it drying out. I suppose I should have clarified. And Quiznos is way more fucking expensive to boot.
Back to top Go down
tuggernuts

tuggernuts

Title : The Mighty Masturbator

PostSubject: Re: So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today   So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 1:09 pm

Technically, you could ask them to take it easy on the toasting.
Back to top Go down
After_The_Barrel_Roll

After_The_Barrel_Roll

Character sheet
Name:
Experience Points:

PostSubject: Re: So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today   So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 5:05 pm

I like quiznos more honestly. I have been to one where it was just like subway when it comes to watching your food be made and having control over what goes in it, but then over in santa cruz some guy in the back would make it and you couldn't see it.
Back to top Go down
yourlocalguy

yourlocalguy

Title : douchey bopper

PostSubject: Re: So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today   So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 8:34 pm

5 guys is the best fast food burger place simply because you can have them put A1 sauce on your burger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today   So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I ate McDonald's for the first time in thirteen years today
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2